Chapter 7: Calls

(Max's POV)

Song of the chapter: (Mentioned scenes)

(Breakfast scene): I Heard It Through the Grapevine – Marvin Gaye

It's been awhile since we had visited Dr. Bellevue at the hospital and it's probably because she told us to come back every other two months and the date is nearing. For the mean time, we just make sure that we are still drinking our prescribed pills and we try to avoid the sensitive topic as much as possible. We both know that we have to talk about it eventually but we're both stopping ourselves because the topic might not end well but we're both at the same page anyway.

Cooking a British-inspired breakfast fit for a queen and take note, my queen, I played a random song from my iPod that was in its dock. With its groovy rhythm, I unknowingly started to dance along the song.

Scrambling the eggs and dipping the bread onto it, my hips swayed with the dance-jerking tune. It was as if I was in a one-man show, pretending to be the singer, the saxophonist, the pianist and the violinist wrapped up into a single entity and guess what, I was enjoying myself even if I looked stupid.

"What are you doing?" I almost jumped out of my skin as I heard my queen's voice coming from behind me.

"Cojeme!" I shouted and Andrea laughed whole-heartedly with what scene she just witnessed. I immediately paused the song with the remote within reach.

"I'm so s-sorry," she tries to catch her breath but fails because she continued laughing, "I didn't mean it."

"Yeah, I can see how sorry you are, mi amore." I scowled which made her stop laughing and looked at me with apologizing eyes.

"Don't stop on my account. It's just adorable how I caught you like that. You know what?" Andrea walks towards me, kissed me softly on my lips and got the remote then pressed play again and the whole first floor was filled with the groovy tune again.

We danced silly to the song and even danced as if we were on a dance show plus, we were singing softly to each other's ears.

"Losin' you would end my life you see?" I sang the line to her ears and she hugged me tightly.

"'Cause you mean that much to me." Andrea whispered back and sent chills all over my body. How can two lines summarize the universal love?

We continually danced to the song and swayed with our bodies attuned to each other with the music flowing from the speakers.

"Wait—"

The smoke alarm goes off and the sprinklers got turned on. We were drenched under the sprinklers with laughter around us as we somewhat reluctantly called the Security Office.

"Hello, yeah— um, can we request for the sprinklers to be turned off? Yeah, well— er, we were just cooking and we kind of left it." I explained while Andrea giggles behind me and turns off the stove that cradles the burnt breakfast we were supposed to have.

"Not 'we', it's only you!" Andrea teased and threw the burnt leftovers from the pan. Now we're going to eat out and I have the most perfect place in mind.

"Yeah, that would be great! I apologize again for the inconvenience." I snorted and then eventually laughed as I dropped the call.

"That was awful! Everything's wet!" Andrea exclaimed and I looked at her then threw a smirk which elicited a laugh from her.

"I'm obviously wet too but not for the reason in your dirty mind."

"Well, it's a mess worth cleaning later for the housekeeper."