Chapter 5: Appointment

(Andrea's POV)

It's been two months since Max and I continuously went to the doctor to have an appointment so the both of us can check what is the update on our plan of trying to conceive and so far it has been great.

Except today.

Why is it that out of all the days we could have the fertility check-up, all the pregnant women in Chicago showed up in this damn hospital?

There are pregnant women literally everywhere and it was driving me nuts and Max was tense the whole time and we haven't even made it to our floor yet.

"We'll get there." I tried to soothe him and caress his hands lovingly and he squeezes it and smiles at me.

"Sorry, I can't help it. I'm not mad, please don't get me wrong. It's been two months and so far, Dr. Bellevue says that we're heading down the right path and it would just take a very few more procedures to finally have a 100% chance and I'm getting excited." Max explained and I can't help but agree.

Exiting the elevator and entering the floor's cramped lobby, we signed our names in at the nurses' station and sat down beside the room of Dr. Bellevue until Max's phone rang.

"Merda! Sorry, mi amore, I have to take this. I'll be back in five, I promise." Max excuses himself and stood up.

I guess we can't both help but be busy in each other's fields especially Max as he is now proposing another multinational project. Checking my phone for any updates, I saw a text from Martha that says, 'Good luck! I know it'll be worth the wait x' and I smile at her thoughtfulness.

Being bored out of my wits end and Max being gone for almost 10 minutes now, I picked up a newspaper from the newsstand not minding what I got and lucky me, I got a tabloid that was outdated.

And the front cover was Maximilian and Cassandra.

I refrained from ripping the tabloid and skipped the pages to the section where they were featured in entitled, Billionaire and ex-girlfriend seen leaving Tor! last night.

Billionaire Maximillian Bravucci and ex-girlfriend model and it-girl Cassandra Williams were spotted leaving together from the famous sports bar downtown Chicago last night.

Sources claimed that they were catching up on their recent lives and were drinking happily, not watching the Der Klassiker and El Clasico back-to-back matches which is very suspicious as they were in a sports bar.

Is it really the end of the Bravucci marriage and a start of a new one?

Don't miss it!

Rage consumed me and before I knew it, my name was called and I didn't even bother waiting for the mogul to enter with me.

"Good day, Andrea! Why are you riding solo today?" Dr. Bellevue asks and I just shrugged.

"Max is just busy. So, how's everything?" I asked and gulped when she brought out our prognosis.

"Doing great as expected. Actually, we're going to lessen the dosage of your intake now of the fertility pill because it looks like it's working out for the best. Instead of drinking one pill per meal time, we'll lessen it to twice a day." She explains and I duly noted it all in my head. "You'll also be taking one last shot and then we'll see how it goes within a month."

"As for Max, sad he isn't here today." She smiles sympathetically at me and I almost snorted.

"I'll extend your sadness to him. I'm sure he also regrets not being here." I smiled bitterly but the good doctor didn't catch the drift which I'm glad for.

"That's great! If you're feeling any weird sensations within a month, that's normal and don't panic. However, if you're going to experience pain while having sexual intercourse, stop immediately and rush here as soon as you can visit me." Dr. Bellevue says and proceeds to focusing on writing my prescription.

"Here you go, Andrea." She says and hands me the prescription. "I really hope it works for the both of you. I can already see what good parents you'll be like."

"Thank you and we're hoping and praying for that, too."

Leaving Dr. Bellevue's office, I see Max sitting down in the bench near the nurses' station with his leg bouncing up and down impatiently.

"How did it go?" Max inquired with a nervous tone but he sounds excited at the same time.

"Well. Who was that on the phone awhile ago?"

"Dad. He wanted to ask how you were and that they were preparing a late lunch at home seeing that it's a Saturday today and as usual, it ventured to business." Max chuckled and I just forced a smile.

"Hey, what's wrong? Are you sure it went well?" He asks again while his arms are wrapped around me but I pushed him away.

"It was but why don't you tell me about you and Cassandra meeting up in a sports bar a few weeks ago? Wasn't it the night you went home mindlessly drunk?" I snapped and he leaned back, appalled at my sudden burst.

"Andrea, it's not like that!" Max argued back and based from previous arguments we had, I had to pass the court to his ball and explain himself before we burn out.

"Then explain. Carefully and make sure not to leave any information out when we're inside the car."

The walk to our car was a horrendous experience and something I would like to store away in a dark, dark place and forget.

"Cass and I just accidentally bumped into each other that night and I was shocked that she was actually there because it's not her usual scene. We talked about our lives and I learnt that she's actually in a relationship right now and she looks really happy in it. I told her what an amazing wife I have and I can't wait for her to be the mother of my children and that-"

"Stop feeding me with sweet words, you fool!" I spat and laughed. "You're making me blush, it's annoying."

"You're very, say, emotional. I've rest my case, now what happened back inside the office?" Max grinned after laughing at my change of track emotional-wise.

"Dr. Bellevue said that she's easily letting me off the pill and that in one month's time, we'll be knowing if we've reached our 100% chance."

"Or more than."

"Yes, or more than that."

"We're in this together, remember? In sickness or in health, for better or for worse? There are more bumpy roads ahead but we're going to stay strong, Andrea."

"For the rest of our lives and beyond it." I said and kissed him fervorly and rested my head on his shoulder as Miles drove us to the Bravucci mansion for our weekly gatherings.

~

A/N: another update woohaa

i only had the time to write this because its the calm before the storm regarding school and im way out of my head nervous because college results would be released just around the corner (no one really knows when but we all know the judgment is near fuuuuuuuuu) please pray for me that i get into my dream university (locally) or that whatever God has planned for me are way bigger than I ever imagined! (which happens like every time because He's amazing hehe)

vote, comment and share *cough* birthday gift *cough just kidding fam hahahha thank you guys and see you hopefully before christmas!

yours, katrina xo