Chapter 11: Impending Doom

(Max's POV)

The bubble of happiness with me staying with my family at home had to end because I had to go back to the headquarters and work but before that I had so stubbornly refused until my wife teased me.

"If you won't go to work, we won't have anything to eat!" Andrea chided and I scurried off to the shower with her laughing as I took a record time inside doing my business.

As per usual, Brad, my new secretary, came into my office and offered me coffee and I welcomed it gratefully, needing the caffeine rush to make sure I make it out this day alive without me missing my family too much.

With two meetings down during noon, I was on my wits' end and I was sure as heck I was about to snap someone's neck if I don't hear from my wife about anything in particular and I was about to call her when someone knocked on my door.

"What?" I growled and a stiff-looking Tobias went inside my room, only to drop a paper bag and left the room swiftly before I even got the chance to ask him what it was.

I stood up and opened the package and felt my whole body sag in relief and I felt myself smile so wide I can feel my cheek muscles burn with strain.

We made sure you will go through by the day and made some food for you.

We miss you, papà!

-Andrea, Matt and Baby

I curiously opened the container and I grinned again, seeing they baked me Andrea's infamous cookies. It was so obvious how every sizes were different because of Matt's doing but it makes me so much happier that he tried and was successful making these cookies with Andrea. I grumbled as I realized that it would be mere three hours from now before I see them but was comforted with the cookies they had made for me to enjoy.

I can't wait to get home.

                                   "Andrea? Love, I'm home!" I announced as I walked through the door of our humble house and I was greeted with the running footsteps of Matt who hurriedly jumped into my arms as he saw me.

"Papà! You're home!" Matt acknowledged and I chuckled as my wife made her way down the stairs slowly.

"It appears so, patatino." I smirked but he didn't get what I just said so he looked at me incredulously and Andrea laughed.

"Oh, Max. Knock it off." She said and hugged me sideways but I deserve more than that. With the troublesome and hectic day I spent on the office, going back and forth and not being able to concentrate because my focus is here? No, I need more than that.

"I'll appease you later, your highness. Just wait." Andrea smirked as she kissed my cheek, followed by my neck and gently bit my earlobe. I had to suppress my groan because I was carrying Matt and we were lucky he was looking the other way and my wife strutted to the kitchen, sticking her bum a little bit but enough to stir my feelings up.

This damn temptress! I swear she'll be the death of me.

"Matt?"

"Yes?"

"You can call me 'dad'. Papà is meant for your grandfather." I told him chuckling and he joined me.

"That's okay. You can put me down now, dad." He grins and my heart just melted with the sight of him grinning and hearing him call me dad.

"I think that would also go with Andrea, Matt. Mamma or Ma is meant for your grandmother, okay? They might get confused if you call us when we're with them." I explained further and he obediently nodded.