Chapter One (da fam)

the sound of my alarm woke me up. monday morning, 06:30am.

i remembered what i was going to do and shot out of bed. today was the day i was going to ask sophie out.

-

i'd been having feelings for her since about 4 months ago, when she sat next to me in music. i had music first lesson today, so it was the perfect opportunity for me to ask her out. we'd talked a couple of times, but i always managed to get so tongue-tied that i could barely even have a casual conversation with her.

-

i wandered around my closet, foraging for my best outfit. if i was going to pull this off, i was going to have to look good. i knew she liked guys who could pull off earrings so i put my white ones in. i jumped into my jeans and white t-shirt and placed a denim jacket on. i threw my black backpack on and headed downstairs for breakfast.

-

mom had made a full english breakfast with eggs, sausage, bacon, beans and toast! i hated beans so i scraped them onto dad's plate when he wasn't looking.

-

"hey chris, you're bacon me nervous," my brother, crawford said, holding up his bacon.

"ha, you're not funny,' i mumbled as everyone giggled.

"why you looking so smart today, chris?" my sister, kirsten asked.

"i have my reasons," i replied. she gave me a weird look as i finished my breakfast. i waited by the door until everyone was ready to go, then eagerly dashed into the car.