Chapter Three (da banta)

i arrived, huffing and puffing, attempting to get my breath back. i stood there for a few moments, repeatedly breathing in and out.

-

i could just about hear the shouting of a bunch of people from my class muffled by the loud drums that my classmates were playing, sounding like unexperienced elephants.

-

i sneaked into practice room 2, where the shouting came from, and to my surprise, i saw sophie in tears, grasping the maracas in her hands.

-

she was surrounded by danielle (the most aggressive person in the school) and kaden (a 'friend' of sophie's) while jackie was in the corner of the room staring at them, drumsticks in hand, too afraid to stop the argument.

-

danielle: OH FOR GOD'S SAKE YOU'RE MEANT TO DO IT IN TIME WITH US, SOPHIE!!!

sophie: well, sorry, i wasn't in last lesson, okay? i had no idea what i was meant to be doing!

-

sophie stared at the floor, her nimble tears becoming waterfalls flowing from the inner corners of her eyes.

-

danielle: well could you at least try? you're just standing there doing nothing!

kaden: yeah, you look like an absolute idiot just standing there.

sophie: you know what? you clearly don't want me here so have fun finding another member!

-

she threw her maracas on the table and stormed out. i grasped her hand and she turned around as i stared deep into the hazelnut pools of her eyes. i could feel her pulse, beating out of her wrist, synced with my rapid heartbeat.

-

"are you okay?" i asked, frustrated at myself for not saying something else.

"yeah, i guess," she replied, her voice broken.

-

my heart shattered into a million pieces when i heard the tone of sadness and despair in her voice, the voice which tried to scream, "i'm sick of getting treated so horribly by people i thought i could trust."

-

she ran down the stairs and all that was left to hear were the beautiful yet saddening sniffs from her nose that contained everything she was afraid to let out. i ran after her and followed her to the bench at the end of the field.