Chapter Thirteen (the aftermath)

-

"yo guys, guess what?" crawford boomed.

"ugh what?" i sighed, lifting my head up from chris's shoulder and leaning over to pick the cups up off the table.

"i'm back with michelle!" crawford yelled.

"great," i said, raising my eyebrows.

"well aren't you at least happy for me?" crawf asked.

"oh, i'm happy. i'm just not exactly her biggest fan," i replied, carrying the cups to the kitchen.

"i kinda agree with sophie, she's not the nicest person, but i'm happy for you guys," chris said.

"thanks bro, means a lot," crawf said, giving chris a bro hug.

"anyways i'm gonna see if sophie needs help in the kitchen, you want a drink?" he continued.

"sure," chris laughed.

-

just as crawford had said, he followed me to the kitchen and began drying the cups for me.

"look, if this is because of what happened the other night, you know, we can just forget about it," crawford whispered.

"it's not that.. i.. i just feel really guilty that i haven't told chris," i muttered.

"told me what?" chris exclaimed, walking into the kitchen from behind us.

"i guess this is the part where we go upstairs and talk.." i said, my voice trailing off as i walked up the stairs holding chris' wrist.

-

once we were sat on his bed and the door was shut, i took a deep breath and sighed into the palms of my hands.

"this feels like deja vu from when we were sat on that bench at school.." chris smiled, attempting to make me feel better.

i stifled a laugh and replied, "yeah.. just promise that when i tell you what i'm about to tell you, you'll at least hear me through?"

"of course," chris said, supportive as ever, oblivious to the bad news he was about to hear.

"crawford kissed me."

i paused for a second and searched chris's face for a sign that he was mad, but instead, i'd unleashed a part of him that i'd never seen before - the sad part. the part of him that told me how much he was hurt, disappointed.

"it was the other day after the barbecue, when i went to shower. he barged in and.. you know.."

after a long pause, he finally mumbled, "so you didn't want to be kissed by him?"

"what? no! why would i want anybody else when i have you?" i gasped.

"okay. thanks for telling me the truth. i love you," he pondered.

"i love you too.. but that's it?" i questioned. "no lashing out or arguing?"

"how could i ever be mad at you? i couldn't even if i tried," he said, taking his hands and cupping them around my face and kissing me. "but i think we should take a break."

"what?"

"i just need to think things through."

"what? but.. but i love you!"

"and i love you too, you know that, but i just need a little time apart."

"well, i guess i understand." i said, as i walked out of the collins' household, a tear making it's way down my face.

-
-

why was i even surprised? i always knew it was going to happen, but i just didn't want it to. i deserve it. but one thing i don't deserve is chris. he's way too good for me and all i do is cause him grief and trouble.

-

-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—

ooooooo sh*t's getting realllll 😁 lmk what you thought of this chapter! sorry it takes so long for me to post new chapters, i know a lot of you hate waiting but i just constantly want it to be perfect so i just proof-read it like 20 times. also i'm working on two other stories so i'm literally writing like 3 stories atm so things are a little hectic! but i'll try to get new chapters out asap! 💜