Chapter Eleven (crawford encounters)

The next time I saw Crawford was when the Collins' invited me to a campfire. It was being hosted by them and the only other people invited were me and Kirsten's friend, Brandon.

Crawford had broken up with Michelle the week before, hence why she wasn't invited.

Once I arrived, we all started lighting the fire and prepping the marshmallows and hot chocolate.

John had sent me and Crawford to the kitchen while everyone else tried to get the fire going.

-

"I'll do the cocoa," I said.

"Cool."

-

A few awkward moments went by after that, where the sounds of boiling water and crackling fire were the only sounds to be heard for a mile.

During that not-exactly-silent-silence, I caught Crawford looking over at me a few times.

-

"Do you wanna tell me why you keep looking at me?" I laughed, breaking the silence.

He remained silent for a while, still staring into my dark brown eyes, before shaking his head as if he just had a jug of water spilt over him and replying,

"Oh.. Um, sorry."

I searched his face quizzically and saw that he looked guilty of something, although I wasn't sure what.

-
-

We walked back out into the garden and handed out the hot chocolate and marshmallows on sticks.

-

I sat down next to Chris and he placed his arm around my waist. It felt so nice just to know that after I had a crush on him for just over 9 months, he was finally mine. I'd thought about him every single day and created an image of what we could be and now that we were finally an item, I was elated that I'd achieved everything I wanted - and that everything was him.

-

I wasn't thinking about what we could be anymore, I was thinking about what we were.

-
-

As the night drew to a close, we headed back inside. I was sleeping over with Chris and decided to take a quick shower. I grabbed my clothes and headed into the bathroom.

I placed them down on the table next to the sink and turned around to close the door, but before I could, a familiar face maneuvered his way in and shut the door behind him. Then, he leant on it, looking at me once again, with his chin up and eyes squinted.

-

It was only Crawford.

-

"Um.. Hi?" I quizzed, feeling like a deer in the headlights.

"Hey.." he replied, making me more confused than ever as to why he had just locked himself in the bathroom with me.

I stood there awkwardly again, urging him to get of the bathroom so I could shower but he didn't move a muscle - his eyes still gazed at me since the moment he disrupted me.

"So.. Do you wanna move? I kinda need to shower, in case you hadn't already figured out.."

For a few seconds, I thought he was just going to blank me again, but then he made a move that I thought would never happen.

-
-

He sprang forwards, pushing me against the sink. With each step, he got closer, and I realised what he was about to do. He placed both of his hands beside my hips, onto the rim of the sink and once again, trapped me.

His eyes locked onto my lips and as he opened his mouth and leaned forwards, I heard the shakiness in his breath.

-

During that small moment, a million thoughts ran through my head.

How would it feel? Would it mean anything? Why was he doing this? Why wasn't anyone helping me? Should I stop him? Should I just let it happen?

I can't believe I was even contemplating it.

-

Then, I used both of my hands and pushed him away, just about far enough that his grip was no longer invading my personal space.

-

"What are you doing?" I said, panicked.

"Trying to kiss you, what does it look like?"

"You do know that I'm dating your brother, right?"

"So? It's just a kiss."

"And what about Michelle?"

"We broke up last week, it's all good."

-

Before I could say anything else, he returned to his previous position and his lips were locked tight onto mine.

One of his hands was on the back of my neck and the other was on the side of my waist.

He was stronger than he looked and was pinning me down, allowing me no movement.

-

Despite the fact that I couldn't physically remove my lips from his, I'm not sure I wanted to anymore. His kiss wasn't terrible, but I wasn't exactly enjoying it either.

Knowing that I was in a relationship with his brother created a mental block.

Once he'd managed to let go of me, he stared at me, his face full of delight. After that, he unlocked the door, strolled out and winked at me, as if nothing had happened.

-
-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-
// update //
YOOOO IM SO SORRY THAT THIS CHAPTER IS LITERALLY LONGER THAN MY HAIR BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO NOT LEAVE IT ON A CLIFFHANGER :/ ALSO I'M LISTENING TO I TOOK A PILL IN IBIZA - MIKE POSNER (SEEB REMIX) WHICH IS SO FREAKING DOPE U SHOULD GO CHECK IT OUT AND IF U LIKE THIS STORY SO FAR, PLEASE SHARE IT AROUND OKII LOVE U XO