Chapter Four (all about sophie)

-

there was an awkward but comfortable silence once we'd sat down. i felt the urge to say something but I didn't know what. i didn't want to ask if she was okay again, it was obvious she was going to say yes just to reassure me.

i bit my lip and stared into the distance, puzzled on what i would say to this beautiful girl who i was sat next to.

-

once my mind had floated back from space and into reality, i turned my head to sophie and to my surprise, she was already staring at me.

more precisely, she was staring at my lip, which was practically blue from the pressure my teeth had placed on it.

-

"hey." i said.

"hi." she replied, blushing slightly as her tears started to fade.

"you ready to talk now?"

"yeah. thanks for waiting."

-

i couldn't believe i was actually having a conversation with her! i was ACTUALLY talking to sophie! the girl i'd dreamt of talking to for the past four months! my dream was coming true! i hadn't even stuttered with nerves yet!

"now that we're here, and we're all alone..." she whispered, edging closer towards me, as i stared back into the chocolate rivers of her eyes, "maybe we should.."

"SOPHIE! CHRIS!" a voice from the distance screamed. "GET BACK INSIDE RIGHT NOW, WHAT ON EARTH DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING STORMING OUT OF LESSON LIKE THAT?!" the voice screeched as large, metal shoes clicked their way towards us, echoing within the sound of the air.

sophie and i looked at each other and then stared back down towards the ground, red in the face. i looked up again, to see if she was looking at me, and damn, she was. she was so hot, i wanted to kiss her right in that moment, but i guess i'd have to wait.

-

i didn't even know how to kiss. i mean, i'd never had my first kiss before. all i knew was that i wanted sophie to be my first kiss.

she was incredible, i don't know why boys didn't swarm around her like a hive of bees, because she was way sweeter than honey! (sorry this is cheesy af lol)

she was so mysterious, she could go from being super cute and adorable to hotter than a jalapeño within two seconds.

on some school days, her shiny black hair which had been dip dyed brown at the ends, would be curled and done up, with a quiff at the top, pinned down with a bobby pin to finish her hairstyle.

she would be wearing some kind of denim dungarees with a colourful, neon t-shirt underneath. she would have her traditional daisy bracelet on with her matching black and gold necklace.

other days, she would be seen in a translucent, white blouse with denim jeans and spotlessly white nike trainers with her hair pulled up into a effortless, messy bun.

-

as the clicking of the heels got closer, i could see that it was ms edwards. she was such a boring teacher. she was the teacher who wouldn't allow anything that wasn't silent into her classroom, even though she talked far too much herself. all she would talk about was herself and her adventures in japan and new mexico and her experiences with weed farming. even her classroom stuck of weed, god only knows what was stuffed into the air conditioning!