Chapter Ten (the collins')

SOPHIE'S POV

The next few months carried on like that - romantic dates and us being the happiest couple known within the local community.

We announced that we were dating on YouTube, something that many of our viewers were over-the-moon about.

I felt like I could do anything when I was with Chris. We were unstoppable. It was us against the world. Nothing could stop that feeling.

We hung out on the beach all the time, it was practically our second home. It always reminded us of that first date, and it's sentimental value was never lost.

Not one day went by when we didn't reminisce over our first date.

We were happy, and we supported each other through everything. We were there for each other through the best and the worst of times.

-
-

"Hey, Sophie you wanna hang out around mine tonight?"

"Of course, you know I'd go anywhere for you," I replied, with a flirty giggle.

"Even halfway across the world?"

"Yeah sure, bye! I'm flying back to England!" I said, as we both laughed.

"See you tonight, babe, love you."

"I love you too, see ya!" I said, ending the call.

-

I smiled, unable to contain my happiness. Even just hearing Chris's cute Canadian accent made me feel so much happier.

-

Despite the amount of times Chris had been to my house, I'd never been to his. I'd met his parents before and his sisters would sometimes play volleyball with us on the beach, but I'd never met his brother, Crawford.

-

From what I'd heard about him, he was a sweet, 18 year old boy with a decent personality. He was quite laidback and didn't take things too seriously and he had a girlfriend called Michelle. Michelle Reyes.

-

Michelle and I didn't exactly get along. We were best friends since the very start of Elementary School, until the start of Grade 6, when I dropped the bombshell.

-

No, I wasn't pregnant, I just didn't want to be friends with her anymore - in fact, I couldn't. A lot of my other friends started to warn me that she was hanging out with me for the wrong reasons, using me. I didn't believe it until I started noticing the signs.

-

Ever since then, she became the stereotypical 'mean girl' to me. Pushing me in the hallways, laughing at me for no reason, the list goes on.

-
-

I got dressed into a cute, pastel pink skater dress and exchanged my slippers for some wedged boots.

-
-

*RING RING*

-

"Hey Sophie, come in."

-
-

As Chris guided me through his mansion-like home to the lounge, I came across several family members - one of them being Crawford.

-

"Hey, you're Crawford, right?"

"Yeah. Sophie?" he replied, hestitating as he looked up from his phone.

"Yep, that's me! It's nice to finally meet you." I smiled.

"You too." he mumbled, before slumping off to his bedroom.

-

Then, with a reassuring smile, I greeted John and Stacey, Chris' loving parents.

-

Once we'd found the lounge, I met Karisma and Kirsten again, Chris' sisters, and Romeo (their cat) was curled up by the fire.

-

All four of us lay on the sofas watching TV, me and Chris cuddling, while Kirsten and Kizzy were stuffing their faces with popcorn.

-

Later on, Crawford came down to join us. He sat on the couch opposite us, as there was no more room on the sofa we were sat on. He held a packet of potato chips in his hand, munching on them as he scrolled through Twitter.

-

Once the programme had ended, I got up to make tea for everyone. But, I didn't know where the kitchen was, so Crawford offered to lead the way.

-

"Hey," I said, boiling the kettle.

"Hi."

"How's Michelle?"

"I don't really know, she hasn't answered any of my texts.. I heard you used to have beef with her?"

"Yeah, kinda. But if you're trying to get me to spill the beans then I'm sorry, you're not getting anything out of me today!" I replied, dropping a small green teabag into each mug.

"Why not?"

"Because I'm not the kind of person who talks about people like that?"

"Oh.. So you're a kind person, I'm guessing?"

"Yeah, I guess. I'm kind of one of the only people on this earth with morals.."

There was a comfortable silence, followed by a small chuckle of laughter from the both of us.

"I know that was a joke, but it's true actually. I'm starting to lose faith in humanity to be honest."

"Yeah, tell me about it. Sometimes I just feeling like giving up," I vented while pouring the hot water into the mugs and carrying them out.

"Here, let me help you."