Chapter Six (the dance)

*SOPHIE'S POV*

OMG. DID CHRIS ACTUALLY ASK ME OUT? somebody pinch me!

-

6pm was nearing and as i sat on my bed, i felt the butterflies as the excitement built up in my stomach. suddenly i heard the doorbell ring.

"I'LL GET IT!" i screeched, practically falling down the stairs in my white jeans and neon orange crop-top.

-

i opened the door and saw chris, perfect as ever, wearing a black, droopy shirt and his denim jeans, topped with a cute fedora.

-

"hey, you ready?" he asked, raising his eyebrows for a split second.

"yeah, let's go!" i responded, as i linked his arm and we drove to imogen's.

-
*go onto Spotify and play The Hills, then come back and read this while the song's playing*
-

once we got there, the weeknd - the hills was playing and i decided this was the perfect chance to see some of chris's dance moves. i'm pretty sure he loves the weeknd, he always sings his songs in music and then i join in with him but he just stops, blushes and giggles like a baby with ADHD.

-

everyone was holding red cups full of punch and grooving. chris and i whipped, nae-naed and laughed the night away.

-

chris was amazing on the dance floor, i mean, woah, that guy has moves! he was usually so shy but when he was dancing, he seemed so cool.

-

we danced until coldplay - amazing day came on and it was time for the couples' dances.

-

imogen and her boyfriend, chad were in the spotlight, and the other couples were surrounding them.

my best mate, grace, and her boyfriend, kieron were next to them, and chris's best mate, brent, and his girlfriend, eva were next to them.

then, chris asked me to dance.

"wait, me? you know we're not a couple, right?"

"yeah, I know, but it's just for fun!" he exclaimed, as he dragged me onto the dance floor once more.

he stared deep into my eyes as our feet moved in sync with each other. his hands were around my hips and my hands were tied around his neck.

"you know how this song's called amazing day? Well, I think you should be named day because you're amazing." chris laughed.

"haha, thanks chris, you too."

"no, honestly sophie, that might have just been a cheesy pick up line but you're actually amazing."

"oh, um, thanks aha," i replied, feeling the heat rise towards my cheeks.

"you still think i'm joking, don't you?"

"well, actually, nope. i think you're amazing too."

"wait, really?" chris said, as he stopped dancing, his eyes widening and gleaming with joy.

"yeah. yeah I do."