Chapter Nine (strawberries and cream)

Chris's POV

I got to the park a little earlier (despite the fact that I was literally ALWAYS late) so I could make sure everything was perfect.

I didn't want a single leaf to be out of place when Sophie arrived.

I ran circles around the park, attempting to find the perfect bench for us to sit at.

It had been pouring with rain yesterday so I wasn't surprised that the task was proving harder than I thought.

Then, I reached the tennis courts and in front of my eyes lay the perfect park bench for us to plonk our bums on.

Miraculously, there wasn't a drop of rain on the bench, just the smooth, wooden table.

It was nearly sunset, Sophie was going to have to get here fast if we were to catch the scenery.

Then out of the corner of my eye, I saw her, dressed in a cute, frilly, orange romper with her matching red converse and a leather jacket to stop her from getting too cold.

"Hey," she said, as casual as she always was.

"Hello there, stranger!" I replied, with great enthusiasm.

I walked over to greet her with a hug, then we both sat down and I placed the wooden basket on the table.

I opened it and pulled out some strawberries, a couple of transparent, plastic cups, two spoons and a can of whipped cream.

"I thought we could have strawberries and cream, because number one: it's summer and number two: we're in the tennis courts so it's kinda like wimbledon," I said, with a touch of uncertainty in my voice.

"Wait, strawberries and cream is my favourite dessert.." she replied, her face brightening up with a smile.

"Well I guess this is perfect then."

After creating a mess, trying to decorate our desserts with the cream, we both devoured our strawberries and cream with delight. It soon became sunset and I decided to take Sophie on a walk near the beach.

I placed my arm around her shoulders as she nuzzled her head into my chest, letting me know that she was happy.

Then, she took out her camera and began videoing herself.

"Um, Sophie? What are you doing?"

"I'm vlogging."

"You're on YouTube?"

"Yeah!"

"Wait, me too!" I exclaimed, taking out the Canon Powershot G7X from my back pocket.

We ended the night on the beach as I gave her a brief, but passionate kiss before driving her back to her house.