Prologue

Silver

White Fang Hangout

3rd September 2315, Thursday 11:23p.m.

The VIP Lounge of White Fang Hangout isn't a place where the average wealthy man can enter. You need to have status, power, and I'm not talking about the CEO title that you can obtain by swindling everyone around you in a Chinese electronics company. No. This is Red Lotus territory. Step into the premises without any street rep, and their boys might just ruffle you a little for the kick of it.

The dimly lit lounge offers an intimate accommodation for small, private parties with its comfortable seating and wrap-around walls of LCD screens. Funky, electronic pop music plays loudly from the room as one of Gary's girls performs a rather sensual dance for us in the middle of a cozy circle of sofas. 

Isabella, my second-in-command and childhood friend, lies beside me with an arm wrapped around my shoulder while offering me a shot of whiskey. Her face remains as calm and emotionless as ever. She then leans her body over to me and intimately offers me another drink.

"So?" Snakeskin Gary says with his usual phoney smile. "What do you think?"

"Hmm..."

The girl has great hips, very notable chest volumes and her voluptuous figure is further emphasised by her skimpy outfit. She's blonde and has a nice face as well. However, something's missing. She may have the looks, but her moves are mediocre at best. They're far too relaxed, almost sluggish to me. Her facial expressions may appear adorable or perhaps even attractive to the average man, but I find it rather stiff. Forced, as if she's only doing this because it's her job to entertain us.

"This one of your best girls?" I murmur, unimpressed.

"Oh yes! Tina is one of our club's all-time favourites among our clients. Not many people even have the chance for her to perform a private dance for them. But anything for you, boss!"

There he goes again, shamelessly sucking up to me just to gain my favour. If he actually believes that I'm going to be lenient on our next deal because of his boot-licking, then he's got another thing coming.

"Hmm..."

"Yes?" He seems a little nervous at my unimpressionable attitude.

Meanwhile, Isabella offers me yet another drink, as if completely oblivious to the conversation I'm having with Gary. This time however, she leans a little closer to my face with a deep, seductive gaze. Her emerald green eyes bears into mine, and it's one of these times when I understand what she wants without even exchanging single word with her. I accept the drink as she places it on my lips yet again, before letting out a soft exhale of satisfaction.

"Your girl, she has the body, but her moves are nothing impressive. A little too forced, and a little too relaxed at the same time."