Chapter 3: Indignation

Silver

Ethan Hills, Black Crescent High School

7th September 2315, Monday 3:25p.m.

"Ack!" I yelp in pain as for possibly the millionth time, a sharp sting jabs me in my neck, sending a shock throughout my systems.

"Silver?" Miss Abel frowns yet again, impatiently tapping her stylus against the electronic whiteboard.

"I mean uh... yah... I totally got it."

Miss Abel rolls her eyes before turning away from me. "All right. As I was saying, a meander is formed through... ... ..."

I tetchily turn to my right to face Aimi as she twirls a pen between her fingers. The President is giving me a look of pure disgust, clearly dissatisfied at my efforts in staying awake during Miss Abel's class. I've been drifting in and out of my consciousness throughout every lesson of the day. Whenever I'm close to sliding back into the dream world, Aimi is always there to painfully poke me back to reality. But I can't help it. Sitting in a classroom and listening to somebody talk about things that I can't be bothered about is nothing short of live torture.

To my immense relief, Miss Abel finally places the stylus back into her purse before saying, "Well, that's the end of the class. If there's anything you're not sure about, see me after this. Oh, and be sure to do your homework!"

W-what homework? I silently curse, before deciding to ignore the thought and proceed to pack my things. It is then when I remembered that I didn't even take my geography book out from my bag in the first place. What a sloppy way to start the first day of the semester.

"Hey Silver," comes the much dreaded voice.

"What?"

Aimi folds her arms across her chest before piercing me with a glare, and if glares can be living things, this one would've been mean enough to rip my heart straight out of my body.

"This is the first day of classes for you. You've literally slept through three quarters of the lessons. Are you going to keep this up for the rest of the term?"

"Uh... so what if I am? What's it to you?"

"Well..." Aimi sighs in vexation. "My job is, after all, to watch over you. And that includes getting you some half-decent grades by the end of the term. Obviously I can't do that with your current attitude towards learning."

An Eizan out of waterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें