Chapter 2: Entrance

Silver

Ethan Hills, Black Crescent High School

5th September 2315, Saturday 7:43a.m.

With a groan of annoyance, I wrap my arms around the headrest behind me while silently fuming at the current situation. The soothing, monotonous rumble of the Bugatti 80Z Phantom continues to hum as the luxurious sedan glides across the uphill street.

Right now, I'm being chauffeured by Nicolai, a rugged twenty-five year old man with a hard, chiselled face and rough, stubble beard. The beard is important. It's a defining feature to what most modern women refer to as "manliness". He's an aggressive, rowdy hothead with a temper as volatile as mine. 

"Fuck... tell me again, why is there school on a Saturday?" I growl irritably before resting my knee against the caramel-coloured leather dashboard. Even the luxuriously designed, Art Deco style of the vehicle's interior does nothing to ease my frustrations. Money can't buy you a ticket out of Vyberon's orders.

"Heh. Well, don't ask me. I'm just the humble driver, though I'm sure little Jean and the lady boss did the research for you," Nicolai snickers before glancing at his rear-view mirror. That Russian accent of his, gotta love it.

Seated in the backseat is Isabella with her legs crossed and tapping away on her phone. Upon picking up Nicolai's cue, my second-in-command then slides the device into her handbag and flashes a sour look of disapproval. Nicolai's face tenses immediately and his eyes urgently shrink away from the mirror.

"Yes, he's right," Isabella says. "According to what I've researched with Jean last night, the Black Crescent High School is having an orientation today to welcome the first-year students. The new term of the school starts in the coming Monday. Which means that even students your age, third-years, are supposed to be there today as well."

"Fucking fantastic..." I seethe. "Looks like Vyberon's planned this for a long time now. This is pretty much the perfect time to begin school, the start of a new term."

"It would appear so, master."

I tug at my uniform's collar in discomfort, wrenching the cotton material as if it's an irremovable piece of sticky gum on my body. Even with the collar unbuttoned, the outfit feels extremely outlandish to me. A gang lieutenant wearing a white, collared uniform shirt and a black blazer--- if any other gangs from Aplium City saw me like this, there's no doubt that I'd be crowned as the ultimate joke of the underground societies.

"Hehe... well, look on the bright side, boss," Nicolai says with his usual accent. "You're going to be chauffeured every day in one of the world's most expensive sedan cars, the newest goddamned Bugatti model. Shit... Dino knows his stuff."