Chapter Seven

Melissa's P.O.V

Adande. That name sounded so familiar.

"So um, how long have you lived here?" He asked me.

"About 3 years. I went to collage here but I just graduated not too long ago."

"Oh cool, well um, I just moved here this week so..." I laughed and he chuckled with me.

"I feel like I know you from somewhere I just can't put my finger on it," I told him. He froze and his face went blank.

"Um, we've never met before. Yep, never," he says. He's hiding something from me. I can just tell.

"Okay..." I said with suspicion studying him. He nervously laughed and look at his feet.

"So I was just wondering if, you know, you'd want to go get coffee or something with me today? Of course if you don't have anything else planned." He scratched the back of his head and looked at me smiling. I smiled back and agreed.

"Sure, I'd love to get to know you better." I wave a relief went over him and he wiped sweat from his forehead.

"So, do you wanna go right now or later?" He asked.

"Now is good, just gotta feed Milo first. Come on in," I stepped back opening the door more so he could step inside. I walked over to grab Milo's bowl and poured his food in it.

"Here you go boy," I said as I set his food back on the ground. I washed my hands then walked back over to Adande.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Ready," I responded and we started walking to the coffee shop.

Once we got to the coffee shop, we sat down in one of the outdoor tables and started talking.

"So tell me about yourself," I asked him giggling. He chuckles then starts.

"Well, I'm Adande Thorne. I was born in Trinidad, and then I moved to Orlando, Flordia. I uh, um..."

"Continue," I say.

"Okay so I know we just met, but you said you wanted me to tell you about myself, so we're going to get into the personal stuff. K?" He seemed nervous.

"K," I responded. He took a deep breath and then continued.

"My mom died when I was young. I don't remember her too well, but I remember her enough to know that she existed. After she died, my father changed. He went out more and wasn't really there anymore. He began abusing me. We had to move so I had to go to this entirely new school. Everything was new to me. I met this really nice girl. She helped me out so I wanted to return the favor. She was getting bullied and-"

"Wait, do you know this girl's name?" All of this seemed so familiar to me. I mean, a girl being bullied and a new guy coming along and helping her. Adande...

"Uh, no. I forgot it. Sorry." He said almost too quickly. I nodded and he continued.

"I helped her out. I stood up to the bullies and she thanked me for it. I liked her. I mean, I really liked her. One day she found out and I was so humiliated. I couldn't take everything that had happened in my life. So I ran away. I ran away from my past, just everything."

I could feel my eyes start to tear up. Adande notices and uses his thumb to wipe it away.

"Sorry, it's just, such a sweet guy like you doesn't deserve such an awful background like that." I used the napkin to finish wiping my tears and then sighed.

"Do you wanna head back now? We've been gone for almost two hours," he laughs checking his watch.

"Oh my gosh. Yeah we should get going,"

He played for the coffee which I wanted to pay him back for but he wouldn't let me.

When we got back to our floor in the apartment building, I let him come in for a moment just to talk to him. I opened the door and Jc was on the couch watching tv.

"Hey babe, where were you?" He came over to me and kissed me on the cheek. I looked up at Adande and he looked shocked, hurt, almost every emotion.

"Adande-"

"I should be going. I'll see you later Melissa," And he walked out.

Adande's P.O.V

"Hey babe, where were you?"

I see this guy with curly hair walk up behind Melissa and kiss her on the cheek. I was in shock.

No, no. This can't be happening. I found her again, and now she's taken? I have to respect the relationship... Oh no.

"Adande-"

"I should be going. I'll see you later Melissa," I say cutting her off and leaving. I walk down the hall into my apartment and shut the door quickly. I slide down the door and sit with my back leaning up against it. I sighed and closed my eyes, just trying to collect my thoughts.

"Why do these things always happen to me?" I whispered to myself.

All I wanted was to start a new beginning with her. My feelings for her haven't changed since highschool, and I don't know if they ever will. I've been able to get over girls before, so why is Melissa different. Her eyes, they can catch your attention from a mile away. Her hair, silky smooth. Her, flawless. Why does she have to have a boyfriend?

That should be me with her, not him.

Melissa's P.O.V

I watched as Adande shut the door and left my apartment.

"You okay babe?" Jc asks me. I pause and then sigh.

"Yeah everything's fine," I respond.

"You sure? It seems like something's wrong."

"I'm fine okay, I promise. I just want to be alone for right now," I snap not meaning too. He puts his hands up and backs away.

"Sorry, it's just, been a long day," I say and hug him.

"It's fine," he says and pecks me on the lips before I go in the room. I lay down on my bed think about what happened with Adande.

I know him from somewhere, I just don't know where. He says he doesn't remember me, but I know he's lying.

I continue thinking until my eyes started to get droopy and I fall asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------

Hey y'all

So like, this was like, yeah

So I hope you guys like the new cover because I know I sure do <3 :)

HE'S JUST SO PRETTY

Sorry but anyways I hoped y'all liked the chapter

Winter break is coming and I'm SUPER excited but I swear if I get homework I'm gonna... cut a piece of paper with my fury

Okay anyways hope y'all liked the chapter and thanks for voting, commenting, and just reading it XD

Look for more updates I'll try and get them done quicker

Byeeeeeeeee