Chapter Ten

Adande's P.O.V

I had a great time with Melissa at chipotle. I wish we could've just talked forever. Every time I see her, my feelings for her grow stronger. It just sucks that she's dating Jc.

We walked back to our apartment building since it was nearby. Once we got to our floor, I walked to her front door with her to say goodbye.

"It was um, nice spending time with you today," I told her nervously smiling.

"You too, hopefully we can do it again sometime," she giggled. I smiled and gave her a hug.

"See you later AT,"she waved and went inside, leaving me in the hallway alone. I leaned up against the wall and smiled to myself. She makes me feel different from what other girls made me feel. She was just... perfect. At least in my eyes.

I finally decided to start walking back towards my apartment because I was pretty tired. When I was about to close the door, I heard a crash and screaming from one of the neighbors. I recognized the scream instantly as I ran back to Melissa's place. I busted the door open to find Melissa curled up in a ball in the corner hiding her face from Jc. Jc looked furious. I looked down and saw a broken lamp the looked like he threw across the room.

"What the hell are you doing here?! Get the fuck out!" Jc yelled at me pointing at the door. I looked over at Melissa who was looking up at me.

"Do you not understand English? I said, get the hell out before I call the cops!" Jc screamed at me again. I ignored him and rushed over to Melissa.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" I asked her with worry. She didn't say anything but lifted up her arm which had a huge bloody cut on it. I gasped before grabbing it.

"We need to get you to the hospital," I said helping her stand up.

"Alright that's it!" I heard Jc stomp over to me. I looked up and he smacked me across the face as hard as he could. Memories poured all in my mind as I fell to the ground with him continuing to punch me.

///////FLASHBACK///////

"Daddy, where did mommy go," I asked my dad. He glared at me but didn't say anything. I walked over to him and started tugging on his shirt.

"Daddyyyy," I whined pulling at him. He do finally shot up from his chair looking very annoyed and smacked me hard across the face.

"You stupid shit! She's dead alright! Does that answer your damn question?" He yelled right in my face as I held it sobbing on the floor.

He kicked me in the gut knocking the wind out of me, making it harder to breath.

"Get the hell out of my face kid. I don't know why I had to have you out of all of the other perfect kids out there."

I silently sobbed holding my face and stomach.

"Get out of here, I don't want to see your face here any more," he says, pointing upstairs to my room. I slowly started to crawl towards the stairs until I heard my dad spit. I looks at my shirt and saw he spit on me.

"That's so you know that you're always going to be dirt. Not just to me, but to the whole world."

///////END OF FLASHBACK///////

I woke up in a hospital bed. My head and stomach was killing me. I groaned softly as I tried to sit up.

"He's awake!" I hear someone call out from outside. All of a sudden, a bunch of nurses and doctors rush into my room with random hospital gear in their hands. I look at them all confused.

"What's going on?" I ask them.

"Well you see," begins one of the nurses, "you got in a fight and got injured pretty badly."

Then I remembered what had happened. I went over to Melissa's and saw she was hurt. Jc started all of this.

"Are you alright sir?"

"Where's Melissa?" I asked them ignoring their question.

"She's in a different room," one of the nurses respond.

"I want to see her."

"You can't right now, sorry," most of the doctors and nurses left finally. Now it was just me and this one.

"I want to see her," I say starting to get mad.

"You're going to have to wait sir, I'm sorry." I sigh in defeat and make her leave.

I need to see Melissa. Now.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey y'all

Sorry bout the short sucky chapter :(

But I hope that everyone had a very great Christmas because I know I did :)

Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed this and thank you for reading!

I will try and update faster on this story and my other one so always look for more updates!

Love all of youuuuuu

Byeeeeeeeee