Chapter Thirteen

Adande's P.O.V

This was not okay. How did he even find me?

"D-dad?" I stutter out. He smirks that evil smirk of his and steps closer to me. I can feel my hands start to shake.

"W-what are you doing here? How d-did you find me?" I ask him, taking steps back away from him.

"I'm here because I came to see my son again, after all this time, to see where on earth he went," he tells me with his deep and intimidating voice. "Where did you run Adande?"

"I'll tell you where I ran, away from you, my new school, my new 'life'. I ran where I thought it was better for me,and it was better." I tell him, trying to keep out most of the details.

"I see. Well, why don't you bring me up to your place, and that way we'll be in a place more... private."

"And why would I do that exactly? You don't have control over me anymore."

"Because I am your father, and we have other serious matters to discus rather than the past."

"The past is what made me...me! That is serious! You ruined me! You don't deserve to call yourself my father after everything you've done to me!" I start yelling at him. I can tell he's getting annoyed by the look on his face, but I don't care. I want him gone. For good.

"Adande, don't be so dramatic. If you want to talk about the past, then we'll talk about the past, but there are other things that are just as important," he says. I can tell he's frustrated, but he's being calm at the same time. This isn't like him.

I don't say anything for a while, but I look around the lobby, and see most people staring at us. I must've been too loud.

I look back at failure of a father, and just glare at him.

"I don't want to see your face here again," I tell him and head for the elevator.

Once I'm in, I turn around and see him standing there. I get confused, because I thought be would come after me. Then a lady comes up to him. He smiles and kisses her.

Wait, what?

Melissa's P.O.V

After Jc leaves my heart starts to slow down, and my breathing isn't as heavy anymore. Jc was different. He says he loves but the next second he's throwing lamps at you. I didn't understand him and after he left, I just got even more confused.

The nurse comes in, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"You're free to leave," she tells me. I nod my head and sit up.

"Um, well, I'm not really supposed to ask patient's personal lives, but who was that?" I'm shocked by her question but thankful for her concern.

"Just um, my ex-boyfriend," I respond awkwardly. She gives me a confused look like, 'why was your ex coming to visit you?' But she didn't ask which I was very grateful for.

Instead she comes over to me to help me get up without using my arm.

Once I get to the front desk she hands me all the papers on how to treat my arm as it's healing, that kinda stuff.

I walk outside, just to find out that it's raining.

"Great," I mumbled to myself. I realized that I didn't have a car or a ride. I sighed and walked back into the hospital.
The nurse looked at me and then my arm.

"Is everything alright?" She asks.

"Everything's fine, I just need to borrow your phone," I tell her. She nods and beckons me over. I dial the number that I have memorized by heart.

There was two rings before he finally answered.

"Hello? Melissa?"

"Hey Adande. Do you think you could pick me up from the hospital? I don't have a ride." I ask him nervously.

"Oh um, yeah, of course. I'll be there as soon as I can." I smile and blush at how sweet he is.

"Thank you so much," I tell him

"Anytime," He says, ending the call. I go back out and wait in the waiting room, looking out the window and just waiting for him to pull up.

Whenever I thought of him, it was different from everything I've ever felt with Jc. I haven't even known him that long even though I knew him for a short time in highschool I just wished he stayed longer. I honestly barley remember him.

I begin to get a headache, I assume it was just from stressing too much, so I rub my temples to try and calm down.

About ten minutes later, I hear Adande's voice say my name from the front door.

"Melissa?" He says.

"Hey Adande. I'm ready to go." I tell him.

"Okay yeah, let's head out." He tells me and we walk out together.

When we finally get back to the building, Adande walks me into my apartment. I sit on the couch and he awkwardly stands in front of me.

"I should probably be go-"

"No. I mean no, you should stay." I correct myself a I interrupt him. He tries to hide his smile but I catch it. I grin and he notices.

"What?" He asks me, chuckling a little. I giggle and soon enough we're laughing together until we can barely breath.

"Okay but really why were we laughing?" He asks me as we finally stop.

"I don't know. You smiled, I smiled and then we just starts laughing guess," I joke. He smiles again and looks into my eyes.

"Melissa?" He asks me. I hear him gulp and see him shake a little and I become nervous.

"Yeah?"

"Will you go out with me?"

"Adande I-"

"I understand if it's too soon I just-"

"Adande, you didn't let me finish." I tell him. He looks up at me with hope in his eyes and I smile.

"Yes."

------------------------------------------------

Hey y'all

I'm so so so so so sorry for taking so long to update it's honestly like not okay at all and I'm just so sorry:(

I'm thinking of coming up with a schedule for updates like once a week or something so that way you guys won't have to wait as long

Anyways, I hope you guys liked the chapter. I just wanna let you know that you should keep your eyes on the little details that pop sometimes in the chapter because they could have something to do with the future;) annnnnnnnnnnndddd ADANDE ASKED HER OUT WHOOP WHOOP:))))

Haha okay so thank you so much for reading don't forget to vote and look for more updates

Ily all<3

Byeeeeeeeee