Chapter Eleven

Melissa's P.O.V

"You stupid bitch! You just won't get the idea will ya?" Jc screams at me. He slaps me hard across the face.

"J- Jc please s-stop," I beg him, sobbing. He ignored me and kicks me as I curl into a ball. He grabs a lamp and throws it, aiming at me. I scream in pain as it breaks and slices my arm.

"Jc! Pl-please stop. I'm be-begging you," I say in between sobs.

He glares at me and stands right above me as I back myself up more into the corner of the room. He slaps me again, harder then before.

I touch the side of my face and I can feel the bruises. I wince in pain and he smirks like this was all some joke to him. How could someone be so heartless?

He stands above me, until he finally speaks up. His words will haunt me for the rest if my life.

"You worthless shit. I never loved you anyway."

·

I sat straight up in a hospital bed which scared me even more. I was breathing like I just ran a marathon, panting heavily.

A nurse ran in quickly towards me.

"Are you alright dear?" She asked me.

"I-I don't know," I respond still breathing heavily.

"I'm going to get you some water to help you calm down alright?" She said. I just nodded and slowly laid back down as she left the room.

Memories or what happened flooded in my head. Then I remembered Adande. He came and helped me. He had to of heard my screams or something. I need to see him.

Just as I was going to get up, the nurse came back with a plastic cup with water in it.

"Here you go sweetheart," she says as she handed me the cup. I thanked her before chugging it all down.

"Do you want some more?" She asks me as I hand her the cup back. I shook my head and she nods and leaves the room again.

I pull the blankets off of me and my uncovered feet touch the cold hospital ground. I instantly pull my foot back and hitting my arm on the railing around the bed.

"Owww," I groan rubbing my arm. I hear footsteps in the hallway from the nurses heels clicking along the ground.

"What are you doing darling? You need to stay here and rest," she tells me trying to get me to lay down again.

"You don't understand, I need to see my friend," I tell her sitting up again.

"You can't see him right now you need to rest, I'm sorry." I groan louder than meaning too but I was getting annoyed.

"Please, I'm not tired I just really need to see him," I begin begging her. She sighs.

"I can't my you leave this room," I sigh but she continues, "but I might be able to bring him in here." My hopes instantly lift up.

"What's his name?" She asks me.

"Adande. Adande Thorne."

Adande's P.O.V

I signed and played back in bed. I needed to talk to Melissa. I needed to know if she was alright. If Jc was anywhere near her, I don't know what I would do to him.

I nurse came in with a tray filled with food. A grilled cheese sandwich, a salad, and some juice.

"Here you go sir, if you need anything just ring the bell," she said referring the the button that calls nurses in my room.