Chapter Twelve

Adande's P.O.V

I'm a total idiot. I told myself I would respect their relationship and not try to make a move too quickly, but I failed miserably. She probably thinks I'm an idiot after I tried to kiss her. I'm so dumb.

I was able to leave the hospital today and just go home. I walk into the building and instantly wonder when Melissa will be back.

God, I think of her way too much.

Once I got to the building, I quickly got out and speed walks all the way to the front doors. I walked inside looking down and pulling my jacket closer around me since it was chilly out.

I walked to the elevator and pressed the button, waiting impatiently in front of it.

The doors opened and right when I was going to go in, I saw someone I didn't expect to see. Someone I didn't want to see. This can't be happening. Not now.

"Hello, Adande."

Melissa's P.O.V

I felt so guilty. I feel so guilty. I had to stop him though. It's just too soon, I know he likes me, I mean, he told me. I like him too but, Jc will haunt me for the rest of my life. And after all that being so recent, I'm not ready.

My mind has been trying to comprehend everything that's been going on. Everything's just going way too fast. Jc says he loves me, but Adande likes me too. Jc sends me to the hospital after abusing me with Adande and Adande tried to kiss me.

You're over thinking this Melissa.

Am I?

Of course I am.

I'm confusing myself.

All of my thoughts are interrupted when a nurse walks into my room.

"Hello Melissa, I just wanted to let you know that you're able to leave tomorrow, but the doctor just wants to keep you here an extra night for a little more information on your arm. Like any infections and that kind of stuff."

"Alright, I don't think I'm ready to leave yet anyway," I'm not ready to go home. Adande and I live in the same building, I'm not ready to see him just yet. And the thought of seeing Jc in public terrifies me too.

"Okay well, do you need anything? Food? Water?" She asks me.

"I'm kind of getting a headache, so maybe some water would help me thank you," I tell her. She nods.

"I'll be right back." I smile at her when she smiles at me before she leaves the room.

A few minutes later she returns with a glass of water. I thank her and she leaves only to come back with a stern expression on her face. I give her a puzzled look.

"Is everything alright?" I ask her.

"Um, well, someone's here to see you. Would you like visitors?"

"I uh, I guess so. Who is it?"

"He said he was your boyfriend. Does the name Jc sound familiar to you?" I froze. Why is he here?

I think the nurse noticed me panicking so she said,

"I can tell him you don't want visitors right now?" I wanted him gone, but I also wanted to know what he had to say.

I slowly start to nod my head.

"Let him in."

"Are you sure? I can tell him that-"

"Let him in," I interrupt her. She nods and slowly backs out of the room. I can hear her shoes clicking in the hallway as she walks. It just makes me more anxious.