kovalík

Katya awoke with a start. Her delicate amber eyes widening at the sight before her. 

Rows of beds stretched from wall to wall. A girl lying in each bed. Like her they appeared to be young, most of them still asleep. The ones who had awoken stared at her with calculating eyes. Not nearly as scared as they should have been. 

Katya attempted to get up only to be halted half way through the action. The raven haired girl struggled against her restraints. Her small wrists chaffing against the metal cuffs.  

Like the evening she fell asleep, her hair remained in two braids, her clothing however having been replaced. Adorned in a white tank and quarter length shorts, the girl across from her sat up in bed. Her blonde hair was styled in two french braids. Her blue eyes studying Katya.

To scared to speak, Katya stared back. Similarly to the dark brunet, the blonde's wrist was cuffed to the bed frame. However unlike the six year old, the older girl did not struggle against her restraints. Instead she sat calmly, her bruised lip puckered in something that could only be compared to a frown.  

Finally gaining her courage after observing the blonde's battered frame, Katya moved to sit up. Her cuffs clinking noisily. 

With both of her wrists cuffed, Katya had a significantly harder time sitting up then the girl across from her. She copied the blonde's position, sitting with her back to the metal frame with her wrists behind her. 

Just as she was going to speak the blonde's frown deepened. Her blonde locks swaying as she shook her head once. 

And then she turned away from her without a second glance. As if Katya had never existed in the first place.