patience

Her fear had dissipated after the first hour of waiting. Now her annoyance was verging on anger. 

Katya remained cuffed to the bed, both of her wrists locked behind her at an awkward angle. Not a single person had made an appearance since the morning. 

The raven haired girl guessed that it was around lunch time. The girl had not been given the chance to eat or go to the bathroom since the night before. 

Katya longed to be returned home. She missed her mother's smile, her snow kissed father's appearance after work. She missed her friends even if they had treated her poorly mere hours ago. 

As an inky blackness took over the sky, Katya was convinced she had been forgotten. The pain in her stomach became numb, her pounding headache from dehydration taking presidency. Her thoughts were muddled, not a single coherent sentence making it through the brick wall forming in her mind. 

She resorted to sitting up, with her back to the metal frame. Her arms resting on the sides of the small bed. 

Their was barely enough room to lie flat on her back. The only protection from the cold being a thin fleece blanket. Katya knew that even on the warmest day of the year the material would do little to protect from Russia's harsh weather.

 With so much time on hand the six year old began to notice things that her panicked mind did not earlier. 

For example her clothing which was the same as the blonde girl who used to be across from her was not simply a plain white tank. 

In the middle of her cream colored tank top resided two red triangles. 

The geometric shape touching at two corners to form an hour glass.