hallway

Katya jolted awake to the sound of clicking metal. The young girl didn't remember falling asleep, but when she looked up at the barred windows she could tell that it was nearly dawn. Katya looked up to see who her savior was only to see a stern woman moving to uncuff her other wrist. 

Once both bindings were removed from her raw wrists she sat up without limitations. Rubbing her stinging arms the raven haired girl swung her legs over the side of the bed. 

"Come with me." The woman barked in Russian. Her voice betrayed her. The gentleness and finesse of her voice contradicting the order. 

"Where am I?" Katya asked meekly, also in Russian. She rose to her feet as ordered, curling and uncurling her toes on the cold ground. 

The woman did not answer her, only moving forward to exit the room. Katya had to take quick steps in order to keep pace with the woman. 

She was tired and hungry but curiosity was getting the better of her. 

The halls were as dark as the industrial room. The only source of light coming from the doorways scattered across the hall. 

The woman did not slow her pace as she walked past the rooms. 

Taking a chance Katya glance into the closest room. 

She quickly regretted that decision. A sickening crack echoing through the hallways. Leaving the girl reeling as she watched the body fall limply to the ground.