round three

To anyone who had not witnessed Katya's battle it would appear that the young girl was crying blood. The blood from the two dead girls before her and Corina mixing with the tears that still freely flowed down her face. 

She was a mess. But she refused to let it break her. 

She was the stronger one. 

The one who deserved to live. The one who did live. 

However the raven haired girl thought that there would be a moment for the girls to process what happened but instead they just dragged Corina's limp body out of the room. Katya doubted it would be returned to her family. Let alone the family even being notified of the death. 

The young girl no longer believed she was at a ballet institute. Somehow she was chosen for something much better. And she didn't know why. 

She didn't know what made her special. What she did to be subjected to this type of future. 

Yet as she stood there with three girl's blood on her face she knew she deserved it. 

She was now a killer. And she was watching another pair fighting for their lives. She didn't even flinch as blood from one of the girls now fighting sprayed on her. All she could hope was that she didn't have to eventually fight the winner. 

But now everything was different. She knew this was a different school after seeing that body drop on her first day. The formula they gave them at night had made her forget about it. That is until she had to do it herself. 

What made you forget something like that? 

Maybe it was just her forcing the memory to the deepest part of her mind but she knew that she had forgotten, for when she remembered it- it didn't feel like her memory. It felt like she was watching some sick sort of soap opera. Not something that happened to her. 

She felt separated from the world, herself, and the girl she was now becoming. 

Another body fell, the girl who was victorious being shooed out of the circle just as quickly as Katya was. Two more girls entered. One left. 

It was a vicious cycle that seemed to be stuck on repeat. 

One after the other.

One winner, one looser.

No one dared not fight after the first two girls. They knew that it was better for one of them to survive. 

So they fought. 

And they never stopped.