I. Two Different Worlds.

"You look at Superman, and you wonder, what can he possibly have to worry about? What could possibly ever hurt him? But just because his skin is invulnerable, that doesn't mean his heart is. And that's how you hurt Superman. You break his heart." - Lois Lane [New Earth]

**

Debris and explosions cornered a failing, neighboring planet far away. There, deep in the heart of the planet, a new father patiently waits for the arrival of his son. His beautiful wife was ready to be put into labor. Her birth being the planet's first natural birth it had in years. As planned, the baby entered into the dying planet's world and the father left to confront the councilmen of the planet. Their efforts had become useless to save the failing planet from it's own corruption. Due to the overcapacity of the heart of the planet, there weren't enough resources for the population. A large gush of wind flew through along with bits of debris, revealing the planet's General. Behind him, were his commanders and army, all armed with weapons.

"What are you doing Zod? This is madness!" The man cried.

"What I should have done years ago. These lawmakers with their endless debates, have led krypton to ruins!" General Zod spat.

Behind the two, Zod's commanders grabbed the councilmen and threw them onto the ground. The man, Jor-El stood stunned at the situation around him.

"And if your forces prevail? You'll be the leader of nothing!"

General Zod approached his friend, and placed a comforting hand onto Jor-El's shoulder.

"Then join me, help me save our race. We'll start a new, we'll sever the degenerative bloodline that led us to this state."

"And who will decide which bloodline survives on, you?"

General Zod gave a Jor-El a stern look before responding.

"Don't do this El. The last thing I want is for us to be enemies."

"I will honor the man you once were, Zod. Not this monster you have become."

**

In the heart of San Diego, California, a young girl sat quietly by the door of her parents' bedroom. Their screams, cries, and countless arguments ran through the door and into the empty house. The young girl remained silent and cried silently onto her light pink pajamas. The strands of her blonde petite head fell passed her face, shielding her tearful face. This argument could go on for hours just like all the others that had happened in the past week. She wished her mother or father, whoever is to blame for these pointless arguments would apologize for their mistake. Even though their words are just murmurs, the young girl knew her parents were arguing about something serious. Maybe, it's Daddy's new girl.

Two weeks ago, her father came home late at night while her mother was on her business trip. He came home with a different woman other than her mother. The woman was scary; she was younger but scarier than her own mother. Maybe, Mom and Dad were arguing about Daddy's new girl. Since that night, her dad stopped their usual conversations and activities. She never felt so abandoned in her life.

Suddenly, the argument came to a stop, and footsteps approached the door. The young girl sped into her room, covering herself in blankets and pillows to shield herself. She looked upon the ground and found a shadow near her bed. The figure behind her lightly brushed her blonde head and kissed her small cheek.

"Oh, my sweet Elaine. I'll fix this okay. Mommy will fix this and this will all be over, okay? Mommy, you, and Olivia, your baby sister will be away from all this. Mommy will fix this."