III. 3 Years Later.

3 Years Later.

Since her move to Kansas, her mother decided to keep Elaine home and let her attend home studies. Three years of home schooling, Elaine felt locked up from the outside world. She wasn't allowed to hang out with the other kids, or to meet the other kids around her house. Elaine felt like a prisoner for three years – her only friend was her 3-month-old baby sister, Olivia.

But, her mother changed her mind and sent Elaine to public school for she had no time to teach Elaine. The first day was okay; Elaine was welcomed and admired for her tan complexion. At first, she felt awkward because of the lack of interaction she had. Having an interaction with your now 1-year-old sister didn't count as a proper interaction with people. Elaine sought her way and found a group of friends to hang out with. The school was great and Elaine was happy to return to society. Elaine had always been a social butterfly, so making friends came as an easy task for her. She couldn't wait to get home and to tell her mother about her experience.

It was also her first time riding on an actual school bus. Due to their location, she needed to be transported home by a school bus. Elaine didn't mind, besides her mother had a lot of things on her plate – picking up her twelve year old daughter wasn't exactly on the list. During the trip, she decided to gaze out and analyze the state of Kansas. There was a lot flat, flat land, farms, houses in the middle of nowhere, and animals. Elaine decided to count the animals she would see as the school bus pass by.

1, 2, 3, 4 – sort of, 5.

"Hey kid!" A loud voice boomed.

Elaine was interrupted from her small game as she turned to see a ginger-head boy picking on the boy next to her. The boy didn't seem to reply, and ignored the ginger boy. Elaine had seen the boy before, taking in his black shaggy hair and pale skin. He walked around school by himself along with a book in his hand. The ginger-head boy started to pick on the boy by tugging on his shirt.

"Hey, leave him alone." Elaine spat.

The dark haired boy flashed Elaine a glance before looking down at the bus floor.

"Or what?" The ginger boy threatened.

He raised himself off his seat, ready to pounce onto the dark haired boy. Elaine grabbed the edge of her bus seat, to stop the ginger boy. Jeez, can't you just leave the boy alone?

Suddenly, a large pop noise struck the bus, sending the bus swerving across the bridge. Elaine's heart began to race as the bus collided with an incoming car, sending them toward the icy water.

The water started to rapidly raise, as Elaine gasped for air. She banged on the bus window, hoping the window would shatter and break. In that brief moment, she thought of all her life memories – her move to Kansas, her father and mother's divorce, the news about her father's death, the birth of her baby sister. She continued to struggle, to fight for her life, until the water slowly dragged her in.

**

Another day of constant bullying, teasing, for Clark. Kids just wouldn't leave him alone. All of the pushes and shoves, he wanted to fight back – because he was capable of fighting them off. His father's words would echo in his head, holding him back, as well as causing him to create a large dent on whatever he was holding on too. All he wanted to do was to race home, a place of comfort and safety and a refugee from the world.

Clark didn't quite understand on where he came from. Both of his parents had told him was sent here for a reason, and not to question the reason so much. Clark couldn't stand it, why can't he ask where he came from and get a direct answer. He was so frustrated on why he was so different from all the other kids. Didn't his parents know he was made fun of because he was different?