VIII. A Symbol Of Hope.

A large, unusual and abrupt noise erupted the campsite of the military. Though the sky was very murky due to the winter scene, a bright white light can be seen from the mountains. Colonel Hardy and Dr. Hamilton ran out of the cabin, the cold wind piercing their lukewarm skin.

"Is that the soviet submarine?" Colonel Hardy asked.

A circular object came from the mountains and with wind-forced speed, it sped across the evening sky of the Artic. Colonel Hardy glanced at Dr. Hamilton, both knowing the only conclusion to the known object.

It was not from this world.

**

Clark stared out at the icy sky, feeling the ship's swift movement through the cold air. Footsteps approached him from behind; it was same man he saw on this ship. Dressed in the same foreign, almost traditional-like clothing.

"To see you standing there, grown into a man. If only Lara could witness this." The man spoke.

Confused, Clark stood in awe at the man. How should he respond to this comment? What does he mean?

"Who are you?" Clark asked, slowly.

The man smiled before responding, "I am your father, Kal."

Letting the words sink into Clark's head for a brief moment, the man returned to his statement.

"Or at least, his shadow or consciousness. My name is Jor-El."

The man, Jor-El, continued to pace around the spacecraft. Following his every move, Clark watched the man. His unusual name explained the clothing the man wore. Could this man be his father? The one his Earth father had talked about?

"Somewhere out there Clark, you have another father."

"Kal? That's my name?" Clark asked, trying his best to process the information.

"Kal-El. It is." Jor-El responded back confidently.

Looking into his father's comforting eyes, "I have so many questions. Where did I come from? Why did you send me here?" Clark questioned.

The burning questions that had haunted him over the years. The reason or purpose he was told to fulfill. Clark or Kal-El waited patiently for his father to reply, to finally answer the questions that ruled his entire lifetime. Though this was not his actual father, Clark trusted this man – the conscious of his real father.

"You came from Krypton." Behind Jor-El was a bunch of black look-alike pixels that formed a circle with several details. "A world with a much harsher environment than Earth's."

Jor-El continued to explain Krypton's history, the time when the people searched out to claim new worlds as their own. The success of Krypton caused their lives to flourish with riches, goods, and peace through their planet.

Of course, Clark knew there was a downside to their increasing success.

"What happened?"

Due to their overpopulating success and the limit it had on their natural resources, the planet's core became unstable. Krypton was soon to be doomed, it became a dying planet instead of a flourished planet it once had been. Jor-El went on to mention about their military leader, General Zod and how he tried to take matters into his own hands. A large model of General Zod's head formed, as Jor-El continued to explain the plans of Zod. Across from him was a model of a baby being sealed into a pod sent to a model of Earth.

"Your mother and I, we saw the incoming calamity. So we took matters into our own hands and sent you to Earth – faraway from Krypton, in order to ensure your safety."