XIV. It's Not An 'S'.

Dressed in the suit his real father had given him, Clark flew to the military base. He later found out that Elaine and her partner, Axel was taken by the FBI. As he arrived on the site, all guns, machines, everything the military had was pointed directly at him. The dark crimson colored cape flowed behind Clark as he lowered himself to speak to the military leaders. Clark felt like the symbol of hope standing above them. In reality, Clark should be standing by them instead of above them. He would offer them a deal where he would turn himself in and exchange for a brief talk with Elaine, the last Clark would have with her.

"Alright, you got our attention. What is it you want?" The General asked.

"I'd like to speak to Elaine Fisher." Clark firmly replied.

"What makes you think she's here?"

Not the kind of response Clark was looking for, "Don't play games with me, General. I'll surrender. But only if you guarantee Elaine's and Axel's freedom."

Clark lowered himself onto the concrete ground as millions of soldiers take hold of him. The rest stood back, guns still pointed at him and equipment, ready to be used. While giving the General a serious gaze, the men handcuffed them in their strongest, metal-made handcuffs they had. Clark knew he had the power to break open the handcuffs on his hands but he chose not to, for they made the people feel safe with him locked up. They brought him inside the base, the cool air hitting his heated face harshly. Clark maintained a strong posture, his chest showing off the noticeable 'S' symbol as he walked through.

Clark noticed Axel outside of the room, flinching once Clark brushed past him. Where was Elaine? Why wasn't she with Axel? His questions were soon answered as he entered into a small room with a petite blonde girl. The girl turned and her eyes met Clark's gaze, sending him a small uneasy stomach feeling.

Elaine's green eyes scanned his new appearance before she whispered, "Nice suit."

The doors were shut and some military guards, Dr. Hamilton, and General Swanwick as well as Axel was now watching the two. Elaine bit her lip as her gaze continued to switch between Clark and the group outside of her.

"So, Kal-El? That's your name, right?" Elaine spoke.

Clark nodded slowly before she followed, "Since you're not from this world, I can't help but wonder why the military chose to handcuff you. You can break out any minute and escape, save your own life."

Clark looked down at his handcuffed hands and saw how vulnerable the steel was. With just one flick of his hands, the handcuffs would instantly break off. He looked back at Elaine and responded with his purpose.

"Wouldn't be much of surrender if I resisted. And if it makes them more secure... then I'll better for it."

"Why are you surrendering to Zod?" Elaine asked, with a worried tone.

"I'm surrendering for mankind. There's a difference." Clark replied, trying his best to assure Elaine.

"You don't owe any of this people your life." Elaine bitterly spat.

"Elaine. I'll be fine. Trust me." Clark pleaded, his eyes hoping to try assuring Elaine.

He knew Elaine was worried for him. Because of Elaine, Clark was able to gain confidence in himself. All these years, Elaine had always been saving him in the unexpected ways; he was hoping to repay the kind favor to her. She always believed in him, no matter what.

Changing the subject, Elaine couldn't help but sneak in a small smile as she scanned Clark's suit once again. She was curious about the bolded S that was embodied on Clark's chest.