XVIII. Evolution Always Wins.

Clark clutched his wounded side, checking to see if there was any further damage. He looked up, the sun's light almost blinding him – his eyes scanned the area around him, searching for the powerful Faora. A few seconds ago, Faora had punched him to the side of the train. She also had a Kryptonian robot alongside of her. Clark's head started to spin, making him dizzy and a bit light-headed. A sudden force of wind was thrown at him, followed by a forceful punch. Clark was suddenly thrown across many buildings, his body flying into every building that was in his path. Using the remaining strength in his body, he stopped the force from pulling him. He breathed heavily, calling the people in the restaurant to leave.

"You're weak, son of El...Unsure of yourself." Faora stated with a coy tone.

Clark threw himself at Faora only to be blocked by her strong punches.

"The fact that you have a sense of mortality... and we do not, gives us an evolutionary advantage." Faora added, lifting a weak Clark and swinging him toward the empty wall of restaurant.

Clark was able to catch himself but his back hit the hard steel, sending a wave of pain over him. Faora stood before him, not a scratch on her pale face. She sent him a smoldering smirk, her eyes eying him like a predator watching its prey.

"And if history has proven... it is that evolution always wins."

Clark was able to regain some strength as he throws himself forcefully at Faora. The two crash into the building, breaking everything in their path. Back and forth, they kept turning themselves over like flipping a pancake. Her smoky eyes was piercing and alarming as she dug her nails into Clark's skin. Suddenly before Clark was able to land another blow, the Kryptonian robot threw him. Fire and building debris surrounded them as an army plane started to aim its' guns toward Faora. They began to switch back and forth between Faora and Clark; unsure on whom they should shoot. Clark looked into the army plane's glass window, trying to identify who was in charge of the ship. But there wasn't enough time; Clark flew up just as the army plane blasted the gun.

"Hey! You!" A familiar voice chirped.

Faora blocked the blast and flew after Clark, grabbing his cape and throwing him down to the ground. Faora then turned to find Elaine standing before her, Kryptonian gun in hand. He saw a smile appear on Faora's scratch-free face as she started to walk toward her. Elaine began to back away slowly, her eyes switching from Clark to Faora. Clark began to panick as Faora raised her hand to land another blow.

"Elaine!" Clark cried, he flew over to her and quickly grabbed her before Faora threw another powerful punch.

"I had it all under control." Elaine bitterly spat, showing off the Kryptonian gun in her hand.

"Just in case, stay out of trouble." He replied softly, brushing a piece of her blonde hair away from her face.

Suddenly, they were both thrown to the ground. Elaine remained unhurt due to the protection Clark given her. Elaine smiled weakly and scrambled to her feet, afterward she fired up the Kryptonian gun and shot the Kryptonian robot that approached them. She sent Clark a pleasing smirk as she hoisted the Kryptonian gun to her hip.

"You do have it under control." Clark said teasingly.

"Told ya."

Clark sent her another smile before flying off to find Faora. She disappeared suddenly after throwing Clark and Elaine. Who knows where she could strike next? Where was General Zod as well? Clark found Faora standing before Colonel Hardy, ready to strike a move with her knife. Before it could get any messier, Clark flew in and grabbed Faora. He then threw her with full force towards the open building. After waiting for a few minutes, Clark flew off to Colonel Hardy, checking to see if he and everyone else with him were okay. As he returned, the whole army aimed their guns at him, all ready to fire their bullets.