XVI. Rescue.

Abruptly, Clark awakened from his strange dream. He found himself strapped by heavy metal handcuffs. His mind went blank for a while but the thought of Elaine brought everything back to him. Clark tried to break free of the handcuffs, but they were possibly, too strong for him. Zod was in the room with a grim look across his face.

"Your father acquitted himself with honor, Kal." Zod spoke grimly.

All the blood was suddenly drained from Clark's body, analyzing the words Zod had spoke to him. The man he never grew up to know, his real father. Only his conscience is the way Clark can communicate with him.

"You killed him?" Clark slowly asked.

"I did." Brief pause. "Not a day goes by where it doesn't harm me. But if I had to do it again, I would." Zod then turned, "I have a duty to my people and I will not allow anyone to prevent me from carrying it out."

With that, Zod left the room. Clark looked around, seeing there was no one else left in the room. Due to the atmospheric pressure on the ship, Clark's powers and strength became reduced. He wasn't compatible with Krypton's air thus the reason why Elaine had to wear the Kryptonian equipment.

Elaine.

His mind flickered on the thought of her. Where is she? What if they did something to her? The thought of her caused Clark to struggle out of the metal handcuffs, hoping she was treated fairly by Zod and them. The door opened and revealed another armed, bald Kryptonian man. He scanned Clark's struggled state and shook his head before taking out a large pointed needle.

"You're wasting your efforts. The ship's atmospheric pressure is not compatible to what you are used too. In other words, you are weak. Here..." The man drew the needle, "This won't hurt as much."

As the needle was insert, Clark grimaced at the pain it had given him. He felt powerless and weak due to his incompatibility with the atmospheric pressure. But he to get strong to save Elaine.

**

Elaine had a lot of questions to ask Clark's father. She wanted to know more about the planet, Krypton and the reason why they sent Clark to Earth. Do they know about all the things he did while being on Earth? Should she tell him that their son is a hero and saved many people's lives? No. This wasn't the time to screw around and act all reporter-ish on Clark's father. He described some of the methods they could use to stop Zod. Elaine tried her best to follow but her breather was always annoying her. There was only one method she kept in mind, most likely to be the easiest one for her to remember and to explain. Suddenly, Elaine's breather was unleashed, and she could finally breath in the air around her.

Well, I'm not longer a floating bubble now.

"I only disabled it for a certain amount of time. We have to move quickly, grab the key before you leave." Clark's father briskly ordered.

The door opened, revealing briskly moving Kryptonians all coming from different directions. Elaine followed Clark's father as they stopped in front of another room. Elaine scanned the environment around her, making sure the Kryptonians weren't bothered in any way. She heard a combination of voices all directed to her and their footsteps running toward them. The door quickly opened and Clark's father motioned to enter inside. The door then closed onto the Kryptonians that were after them.

"Whoa! Did you do that?" Elaine cried with curiosity.

"Yes." He said quickly.