Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Ashley's POV

"I really used to like you.. And well.. I still do."

My eyes popped open and my mouth hanged wide.

Darwin used to like me?

Those days? When we were in High School?

"No worries, I respect you and... your husband.. I won't be trying to steal you from him" Darwin smiled sadly.

"Why?" I asked, barely audible.

"Why what?" He asked, looking confused.

"Why did you leave?" I said as I put my drink down the table.

"I... I was scared.. I couldn't control my feelings for you.. All these years, I thought it have died out, but.. Now that i'm talking to you.. Apparently, it hasn't..." Darwin sighed as he closed his eyes and leaned on the booth.

I stared at him, shocked.

I need all these to sink in.

Darwin Ryans.

My best friend who left me suddenly.

The guy I liked for a LONG time.

I need to tell him.

I sighed "Darwin.. Honestly.. I used to be head over heels for you too."

His eyes shot open and he directed his attention to me.

"..But I'm over it. Long over it.. Especially when you left me. You hurt me, Dar.. You hurt me a lot. You were my bestest friend. Then you just disappeared with no warning. No Goodbyes, nothing." I said, tears threatening to spill.

"Shhh. Ash.. Shhh." Darwin cooed as he stood up and sat beside me to comfort me. "I'm really sorry Ash. I regret leaving. Trust me, I think about going back every time.. I'm just.. I'm a big coward. Please, please forgive me."

I sobbed on his shirt and hugged him.

I truly did missed my best friend.

"Have you been working out?" I chuckled as I wiped my tears.

"Yep. Infact, I have." He smirked.

"Yeah, I can tell. You lost all your baby fats." I joked as I started poking his tummy.

"You're soo mean.." Darwin pouted.

"That's me!" I smiled.

"So.. does this mean i'm forgiven?" Darwin asked nervously

"Yup. I'd love to have my best friend back." I said, popping the 'p'