Chapter 0

*Author's Note: This is the second sequel to my first book, The Mekai: Return of the Prince. The following is just a recap of the last story, Revenge of the Agaron. If you haven't already, it is advised that you actually read these first two, as things in this story begin to tie-in with them.

The Story So Far...

Sixteen-year-old Ray is a Mekai, a super race of human beings, who is on a serious journey: he must hunt down and kill his nemesis Ren, who is also a Mekai, in order to break a curse placed on him: if he fails to do so by summer of his sixteenth year, the curse would kill him.

Ray and friends have a near-accident encounter with Mikayla Koral, the daughter of Central Kingdom's governor, Hector Koral. Ray and the others are then given a mission by King Jeremy: to escort Mikayla to Southern Kingdom so she could begin training to become the next governor of Central Kingdom. Ray initially refused, due to a mutual dislike between Mikayla and him.

That night, while out on a stroll, Ray ran into Bärin Nix- a man that strangely possessed Nomekian powers who warned him to stay away from the Korals. Ray was then determined more than ever to get Mikayla to Southern Kingdom safely. Several attempts were made on Mikayla's life, one which led to her and Ray being separated from the others.

At the end of the training, Mikayla was attacked again as Bärin kidnapped her and fled to Central Kingdom with her.  Ray and his friends, now joined by Yang, all returned to Central Kingdom to face Bärin and his boss, Radcliffe Agaron. Ray sought after Radcliffe whilst the remaining members of the group took on Bärin.

Radcliffe, too, had Nomekian powers and revealed his plan: to rule all of Central Kingdom. Ray thwarted him and they both entered into an intense skirmish atop of the roofs of the city. Bärin's revenge was stopped short as he was killed by a combined attack from Ying and Yang. Ray was able to successfully finish Radcliffe off. Ren appeared, shortly after, and confessed to giving Radcliffe and Bärin Nomekian powers. Radcliffe was to take over Central Kingdom for Ren and, in exchange, Ren would resurrect Radcliffe's clan, whom he sacrificed twenty years prior for his ambition. Ren recovered the powers from Radcliffe and murdered him before retreating.

The next day, Ray and his friends were honored by Hector. Hector gave them the title "The Celestials" and named them guardians of Central Kingdom. Ray and Mikayla later came to an understanding and chose to start on a new slate with one another, thus becoming friends.