Chapter 3

The Coming Storm

Mt. Fury stood still as the night, an explosive eruption just waiting to happen. Inside the beautiful white castle built within it, in the midst of the silence, Pterrol paced around in his master's throne room. He circled around the crystal ball, sitting lifeless on its clawed stand, and looked at the empty throne as he passed it. The corners of the room were illuminated in bright red as Ren teleported in.

"Master- you're back!" said an excited Pterrol. There was never a time in which he was not thrilled to be in the same room with his master.

"I have returned, Pterrol. Were you worried?"

"About you, Master? Oh no," Pterrol bellowed. "Did you find what you seek Master?"

"More than I could have imagined," Ren said with his signature smirk. "I can feel Darkness swelling within me now, Pterrol. I have more power as a demon than I ever did as an averaged Mekai."

"Now, you can use you all-powerfulness to destroy the young Mekai and his friends," Pterrol said.

"No. I won't have to lift a finger to do a thing. In fact, I have something much worse in mind."

Pterrol's eyes widened. "Oh. What did you have in mind, my Lord? Are you thinking of another demon brother? A legion of stronger Gratanites? A horde of demons as strong as my past brethren?"

"I shall continue the storm- the greatest, most threatening storm to ever hit this world. After all, the world is reveling in the eye.."

Pterrol's eyes nearly popped out of his head. "NO!" Pterrol squealed. "You can't be serious, my Lord! Not them!"

"It is the best way to deal with the boy, Pterrol." Ren sat on his throne.

"All due respect, my Lord, it's too dangerous! The last time nearly killed you!"

"This time will be entirely different," Ren assured. "This time I am doing so as a demon. This time the brothers will be unstoppable."

Pterrol tried to swallow his worry. "The old Thunder Brothers were out of control! Wouldn't it be best if they remained destroyed?"

Ren didn't say a word for a whole minute. Pterrol slightly retreated in fear of what his response would be. "That is exactly why the perfect time to create them is now," Ren told him.

"I'm not following my Lord," said a confused Pterrol.

"You are right that the Thunder Brothers should remain destroyed," said Ren, "because that would be the sensible thing to do. If I were to recreate them, it would be completely irrational... and unexpected.

"The boy will never see it coming, and neither will his friends."

Pterrol's face became as bright as the magma within Mount Fury. He was able to curve the corners of his beak into a twisted smile. All of his worries seemed to fade away in the moment.

"And they will be more powerful?" he asked Ren.

"More powerful, faster, more intelligent- they will be near perfection," Ren answered, confidently. "It is time."

Ren stretched his hand toward the roof of the castle. With just a thought, he blasted a hole into a portion of the roof and stared into the darkened sky. He took that hand and inserted it into his own chest. When he removed his hand, he was holding an amber crystal. Ren threw that crystal into the sky and hit it with a hundred lightning bolts from his palm.

"And now," he chanted, his whole eyes glowing blood red, "with the power of my soul infused with my spiritual energy: my brothers of demolition, my children- I give you life!"