Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen: Ashley's POV

I have to say I was in better spirits as Paul and I returned home. I wondered if he'd noticed. I was already picking out what I was going to wear out with George that night by the time we got to our floor.

"So...plans tonight?" He suddenly asked.

"Um, yeah. George and I are..going somewhere." I said, pausing slightly. No one really knew for sure that George and I were technically 'dating' if you will, I sort of wanted to keep it that way.

"Ah." Was all he said and I suddenly wondered

"Is he jealous?" I hoped not, that wouldn't go over good. I'd already had one upset today, I didn't want another so I just said

"Yeah, we won't be late I'm sure." Before entering the flat. Ringo and John were lounging in the living room, but George was nowhere in sight. It was growing a little bit dark out too.

"Hey guys. Where's George at?" I asked right off the bat, just eager to spend some time alone with him.

"Oh, he went out a few hours ago. Did you need him?" Ringo asked.

"Well um, yeah. He promised to take me somewhere tonight." I decided to share.

"Ooh does Miss Ashley have a date?" John said with a goofy look. I rolled my eyes playfully as Paul went past me to the couch.

"Not necessarily..." I trailed off as just then George came through the door, drunk as all else with another girl!

"Ashley! Meet Joyce." He slurred at me. I felt like I'd been drenched with a bucket of ice cold water. Everything seemed to move in slow motion after that. Ringo got up to tend to George and the...other girl. I felt sick.

"You stupid girl! Why did you even let yourself open up for him? He's a Beatle for God's sake! Of course he's gonna mess around!" The thought jolted through my brain. George and the girl were taken by Ringo to the kitchen and once Ringo returned, the three stared at me in my frozen state.

"Ashley? Are you there?" Ringo asked.

"I-I need to go for a walk..." I stammered.

"Oh my God..." Paul realized. I managed to grab my coat again and the door was open before I could even blink. I ran. I don't know what came over me but I just ran. It wasn't until I exited the building that the tears actually came. And they were big fat ones. My heart had just broken.

Paul's POV

I'd been right all along. She loved George in return. And he'd gone and cheated on her. That or he'd been just leading her on. Either way, it was a nasty thing to do.

"What just happened...? Did you know about...her?" I asked, nodding to the kitchen.

"No, I thought he was just going out for a haircut...I had no...I mean he told me he was sweet on Ashley. He really had eyes only for her..This has just got to be a mistake..." Ringo said, flustered. John rolled his eyes and got up.

"Oh my God, you two! Standing around here discussing theories and no one is going after the poor girl who just obviously had her heart broken!" He said.

"Oh! Yeah one of us should probably go after her...or do you think she needs space?" I said, weighing two sides of the situation.

"Oh for the love of...." John said under his breath as he grabbed his jacket and hurried out of the door.

"Well I guess he's going." Ringo remarked.

"Poor Ashley." I thought. George had hurt her. And I was angry at him for that.