Chapter Twenty Seven

A/N- Hey everyone, I'm back! I found the fire to keep going with this story because of some of your encouraging comments. I know there's some who maybe would like to see Paul and Ashley end up together *evil smile* we know why Ashley thinks she can't, because of her best friend Sienna in the future but who said it had to be right?? That's all I'll say... Here's the next chapter, so enjoy. The next one should be up soon. (Little Paul pic for you all... hehe)

Chapter Twenty-Seven: Ashley's POV

I was immediately swept into the excitement of the night and almost completely forgot about Paul and how he didn't seem right. I just went on my merry way, carrying on and having a blast as I helped the band get set up and prepared for their big night. Ringo was snapping away at his camera, John and George were busy tuning up and regaling me with endless stories of playing the Cavern club in Germany, most of which I knew but it was amazing to hear these stories from 'the horse's mouth' so to speak. Paul though was still keeping to himself, in the corner of the room tuning up his bass. I nudged George in the arm.

"Hey, either of you know what's up with Paul?" I asked.

"How do you mean?" George asked.

"Well, I don't know, he just seems sort of like a sad little puppy is all." I didn't know how else to describe it.

"What are we talking about?" Ringo asked, coming around to us from putting away his camera.

"Ashley's wondering why Paul is upset." John remarked. Ringo gave me a look.

"You mean you don't know?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Ashley, he likes you." He told me. The four of us fell silent.

"O-of course he likes me, we're friends. I like all of you." I stammered, though I knew what Ringo meant.

"I think what our little friend means is that Paul fancies you." John seemed amused by the notion, go figure. My hands went clammy and I could hear my heartbeat in my ears. Oh no, no, no, no this was not good. I'd been down this road with him before and we both agreed to stay friends. What on earth changed? I couldn't return the feelings, I learned that the hard way with George. Plus, this was my best friend's grandfather we were talking about! It was different with George, I had to correlation to him in my future. But with Paul...that would be disastrous. It wasn't like I didn't fancy him...I mean hello, have you seen him? I think every fan fancied Paul but this...this could not happen. All these different things started whipping through my mind and my face felt hot.

"Aww look at her, she's blushing!" John teased, which snapped me back to reality.

"Hey, Shh!" I felt foolish. I knew I had to talk to Paul, but that might involve breaking his heart! I didn't want to do that! I didn't know just how he felt or if he was actually, you know, in love with me...oh God I hoped not...

"Y'know it makes sense, you and he have known one another longer than say we've known you." Ringo pointed out. That didn't make the situation any easier. Yes, collectively I'd known Paul longer...this version of him maybe an hour or two longer than the others, but to him I was still this strange girl he found wandering aimlessly though London who said she was from fifty years in the future.

"Um, yeah. I guess so." Was all I could get out of my mouth.

"Hey, what are you four on about?" Paul's voice nearly made me jump out of my skin as he came over with his bass. John looked about to spill everything, but I shot him a murderous glare that shut him up. I did not want to start this now.