Chapter Thirty Six

A/N: So here's the next bit for you guys. I'd have to say with confidence that this book is more than halfway over...maybe just half. I hope you're enjoying it. There is a little French in this chapter and I just want to apologize for any native French speakers out there if my conjugation is wrong. I haven't taken French class in about 5 years... Anyway, enjoy.

Chapter Thirty Six:

I slept late the next day. No one came to wake me up, so I assumed nothing was going on. When I finally got up for the day, it was 11:00 in the morning. I had gotten to sleep the second I got back to my room the night before, I did feel better and no bad dreams plagued me for the rest of the night. It was another lovely sunny day when I looked out of the window, but I didn't feel overly keen on going back to the beach...I'm sure the others weren't too excited by the idea either. I showered that morning, pulling sand out of my hair and trying to get rid of the smell of seawater. When I finally got dressed for the day, it was close to noon, so I decided it was time to track the lads down and see what was what. I was hungry too, so I was hoping they had lunch plans. As I fastened the beautiful necklace from John around my neck, I was grateful I hadn't worn it when I was in the water the day before. After living through nearly drowning, I'm sure I would have lost it. I then left my room with my bag and disguise in it in case we went out, I ran right into Paul.

"Oh! Sorry." I chuckled, actually glad to see him.

"I was just about to come see if you had surfaced yet or not." He replied with a smile.

"Well, I have. I didn't mean to sleep so late..." I trailed off.

"Oh don't worry about it. We did too." Was his lighthearted answer.

"Long day for everyone yesterday, I guess." I lowered my voice.

"Well...yeah. I heard you had a talk with John last night." I blinked a few times. Had John really confided in Paul what took place between us the night before? I knew they were close, but I didn't think John would be the type to disclose anything and everything.

"How much do you know?" I asked, biting my lip. I still felt bad about getting angry, though it had all worked out for the best in the end.

"About a much as you, I assume. John came in pretty late last night and I was still up. He told me everything." So I guess I was wrong...

"Oh... was he okay?" I asked, wondering briefly if John was still mad at me.

"He was fine, just told me what happened and...how stubborn you can be. But I suppose that sort of thing runs in your family." Paul cracked a smile but I shushed him quickly and looked around.

"Don't talk about that out loud..." I warned.

"Why?"

"The walls have ears. I trust you to keep my secret, but you can be the only one who knows right now." I said, feeling bad though that I was putting such a responsibility on Paul.

"When are you going to tell him?" Paul asked after a few moments. I sighed.

"I don't know. I almost did last night after we reconciled... but I froze." I admitted.

"Well I'm not entirely sure what you're so afraid of. If he's your flesh and blood from your future, what would be the harm in telling him? The worst that would happen is when you finally did return to...your time, he'd have a long while to wait until he met you again." Paul must have been thinking about that a lot since I told him. And it all made sense, except for one small technicality that he could not know about. I felt my heart drop to my stomach. I longed to tell Paul what was to come... I knew by 1980, he and John led very separate lives and weren't overly close anymore but maybe if I told him...he'd remember and prevent it.