Epilogue

A/N: Epilogue for you guys. Afterword to follow, so I won't say too much yet but enjoy!

Epilogue: New Year's Day

"Ashley, slow down!" Sienna laughed as I barrelled down her staircase.

"Well excuse me for going to greet friends I haven't seen in over fifty years." Was my answer.

"Right, I know, I know. You're still sorting out your memories." She said as we reached the bottom. That's right, Sienna knew now. Everyone did. No one wanted to believe it at first, but I had the photo in my locket, Paul had some photos, both he and Jo...I mean Granddad had stories and stories to tell, so everyone saw that it was indeed, true. It was impossible, but hey... it was true. I went to the big front door and threw it open. The first person I saw was George. He and Ringo both knew too, Paul and granddad had no doubt shared the news. George beamed at me as I threw my arms around him.

"I've missed you so much." I cried.

"I missed you too Ashley. I've wanted to tell you this for years now. Thank you." He smiled.

"Thank me? Why?" I didn't deserve thanks by any means.

"I know you wanted to tell me, back then. Everything was in that little note that Ringo had. Your journal too, we all must've read it hundreds of times. And it's because of you that I'm here right now." I blinked back more tears.

"Did you...have cancer at all?" I asked. Like Sienna said, I was still sorting my memories out. He shook his head.

"I cleaned up my life, Ashley. The second I read that note, how at war you were with yourself, I changed everything. Even quit smoking. I wanted to thank you in person one day and, I got to." I hugged dear, sweet George again.

"Well then, you're welcome. Just remind me to give Ringo a good scolding when he gets here." I laughed.

"Why? What'd I do now?" A familiar voice made me look up. as George came inside, Ringo was behind him, coming up the steps. A grin spread across my face and I threw my arms around him as well.

"Ashley, as I live and breathe. You don't look any different." He teased.

"As if I would. You on the other hand..." I trailed off.

"I know, I got old." He chuckled.

"Well, that doesn't matter, I still love you. Both of you." I said, happier than I could possibly be. Sienna was still off to the side, just watching me.

"Oh! Where are my manners? Guys, this is my best friend, Sienna McCartney. I used to talk about her a lot." I introduced as she stepped forward.

"It's wonderful to meet you both. I never thought I'd say this, but Ashley has told me so much about you guys way back when." Just then, as I closed the door, I heard another familiar voice.

"What's going on out here?" I spun around to face granddad. I couldn't stop smiling.

"They're here." I announced. I dove off to the side with Sienna as the three greeted one another, and then Paul showed up. I was smiling so big, but tears were running down my cheeks as well. This was how things were supposed to be, and I alone had made it so. They were some of the greatest minds in music, all four so talented. They were older than dirt, as Paul once said, but they were still making music, on their own, collaborating, having happy and full lives as they all deserved. Paul started showing his old friends into the living room and Sienna happily followed. I held back with granddad and hugged him.

"You're happy." He noted.

"Happy doesn't even begin to describe it." I replied, looking down at my locket.

"You should be proud of yourself, you know. None of this would happen without you." I nodded.

"Well it was part me, part all of you guys. I'm just glad you all decided I was worth seeing again." I joked.

"How else did you think we carried on for so long?" Was his reply as we headed for the living room as well. I chuckled to myself as he went on ahead. They had, hadn't they? They all made their marks on history, on music, even after I left. They moved forward from my departure, had their lives and own memories and learned to carry on.