Chapter Thirty

A/N - Next chapter for you guys. Sorry if it's slow, I'm running on little to no sleep. Allergy season suuuucks. I had to get this chapter on paper though because her dream is based on one I had recently. It's filler mostly, but still, hope you enjoy it.

Chapter Thirty: Ashley's POV

That evening was pretty much uneventful, I ended up just going to hang out with the boys in their suite and they had ordered room service. The tension was thick though, with the tiredness no doubt everyone was experiencing along with the upsetting thing that had occurred earlier. No one talked about it, but it was the elephant in the room. If their manager didn't approve of me all of a sudden, did that mean I had to leave? Where the hell was I supposed to go? I mean, it was even lucky I had found Paul when I got there. Would I have to own up to who and what I really was? I know I was mulling over all those things which drastically affected my appetite. Around 10, I decided to take my leave and Paul insisted on walking me to my room which was only a few doors away. After a half-hearted goodnight to the others, we left. It was silent between us for most of the way.

"Are you tired?" He finally asked me.

"Sort of. Just had to get out of there, everyone is like so close to snapping tonight." I confessed.

"Yeah well... you know why." He replied.

"I know. And I really appreciate you guys sticking up for me but if I'm going to put a rift between you guys and your manager..." I trailed off. What exactly was I going to suggest? He stopped me and laid his hands on my shoulders.

"Nobody is making you leave if that's what you're getting at. We're all gonna take care of this first thing tomorrow. You're super special to all of us, Ashley. We're not just gonna give in." He stared straight into my eyes and I got a chill. He was the second one to say something like that.

"Well, I have to say I'm feeling pretty special since this happened. I didn't know how much you guys were desperate for me to stay with you." I made a half hearted joke.

"You are special, Ashley. Don't let anyone tell you different." Was his reply to that. My heart just went to mush. Why was he such a sweetie?

"Thanks." I felt a little sheepish.

"I'll let you turn in then, and don't worry about anything, okay?" He said after a moment. I nodded.

"Okay. Goodnight." I said to him, feeling slightly better. He kissed me before he left and I felt slightly giddy. The episode at the interview had overshadowed the fact that I was falling in love with him.

"Goodnight." He said in parting and I went inside, closing and locking the door behind me. But as much as I wanted to go to bed, I found myself taking a long shower and changing not into my pajamas but a plain black dress. I needed to go for a walk, just to sort through some things and maybe make peace with this whole manager thing. I grabbed my coat as I left, not really caring if I had my wig on or not, it was dark out anyway. I didn't take the elevator down, I jut slowly took the stairs, hearing the heel of my shoe click on every one. I really intended on going out the front doors and getting lost somewhere but once I reached the lobby, someone caught my eye off to the side in the hotel bar. I didn't even think it through, I just spun on my heel and walked into the bar. The person I wanted to speak to was sitting at a table near the door with a drink and a newspaper. I plunked myself down across from him and he lowered the paper.

"Miss Bunting? Can I help you?" Mr. Epstein asked.

"Yeah, you can cut the crap and level with me." I sounded firmer than I had intended. My tone surprised him, but I wasn't gonna back down now.