Day 3: Calum Blurb - Best Christmas Present Ever

"Darlin', what about this?!" Calum questions excitedly, holding up an Easy Bake Oven. "It's on sale too!"

"Throw it in. Kennedy will love it." You smile, grabbing a few packets of baking mix to go along with it.

"What should we get Jonah?" He asks, looking around at all of the toys.

"How about that race car track he's been asking for?" You suggest, grabbing an Elsa doll and looking over it before throwing it in the cart.

Calum cocks an eyebrow. "Don't you think Kennedy has enough?"

"I thought you of all people would support spoiling our children!"

"I'm all for it, but usually you're the one saying no, darlin'." He smirks, bumping your hip before reaching for the car set. "Is this one he wants?"

You grab it, looking over it carefully before grinning. "Yep! He's going to be so happy!"

"I'm so excited for this Christmas! This will be the first year where I don't have to leave a few days after! I get to spend the entire Christmas break with my lovely family." Calum beams, wrapping his arm around your shoulder.

"Wait until day three of the kids being home from school, and you'll be calling up your manager for an impromptu concert."

Calum shakes his head, his eyes going wide. "No way! I'm so excited to have this time with you guys!"

"We'll see Mr. Family Man." You tease, bumping your hip against his as the two of you walk to the checkout.

-

"Darling! Wake up! It's time to bring the presents downstairs!" Calum whispers excitedly.

You roll over, blinking rapidly as your eyes adjust to the dim light of the bedside lamp, checking your phone only to see it's barely after two. "Calum" You groan. "It's so early, why are you waking me up?"

"Because we get to bring out the presents now!" He rolls his eyes as though it's the most obvious answer.

"But it's so early!" You whine, pulling the covers over your eyes.

"Darlin', come on! I promise we can cuddle as much as you want afterwards!" He climbs over your body, pulling the blankets away, a large smile spreads across his lips as he places a santa hat on your messy bed head.

Calum grabs your hand, pulling you downstairs quietly. You pull out the presents from the guest room closet where you had hidden them from the children. The two of you arrange the presents by whose name is on them. A soft sigh of relief escapes your lips when Calum places the last present under the tree.

"Ready to go back to bed?" Calum smiles sleepily, his eyes struggling to stay open.

You open your mouth to answer, but a yawn slips past your lips before you can speak.

"Guess that answers my question. Let me carry you my beautiful bride." Calum grabs you by the back of your legs, carefully picking you up as you wrap your arms around his neck.

"We've been married for ten years, Calum. You don't have to keep carrying me bridal style." You murmur against his neck quietly.

"You're my bride, and I want to carry you like the princess you are, so deal with it, darlin'."

He lays you down gently, pulling the covers over your body before jumping in next to you and pulling you tightly against his chest.

"You look so cute in that santa hat. We're definitely taking a family photo with all of us in our santa hats." He explains, kissing your temple softly.

"That's so cheesy."

"I know, but it'll make it great. I can't wait to see the kid's faces! They're going to be so happy with everything! I love the Christmas spirit that children just radiate on Christmas."

"Well, you'll be ecstatic then to find out that next year we'll have a little infant with us." You confess, biting your lip nervously.

"Is your sister planning on coming next year?" He asks oblivious to your hint.

You roll your eyes. "No, but we're going to have a baby in the house." You watch his features contort in confusion before a large grin spreads across his lips.

"Y-you're pregnant?!"

You nod your head, breaking out into a beaming smile from Calum's infectious happiness.

"I can't believe this! This is the best Christmas present ever!" He exclaims, quickly kissing you before pressing his lips against your still normal stomach. He lifts up your shirt slowly, revealing your bare skin to the chilly air. "Hey there baby Hood, don't worry. I'll make sure I pick up a Christmas hat for you on clearance."

"Calum!" You giggle.

"What? Baby Hood needs to know they're covered!"

"You're such a dork, but I love you." You smile, stretching your neck to try and kiss him; Calum meets you halfway, pressing his lips against yours passionately.

"I love you too, darlin', and I love our family we've created."