Day 12: Calum Imagine - Christmas Lights Competition

You pull into your driveway, smiling as you see Calum untangling a few strands of lights before draping them over the bushes in front of your windows.

"Look at you!" You chime as you get out of your car, grabbing your purse and a few grocery bags. "The house is going to look great!"

Calum smiles, rushing to your side to help you with the groceries but not before he gives you a sweet hello kiss.

"I figured we could just have some simple lights along the bushes and on the peak of the roof, nothing too extravagant, what do you think, sweetheart?" He explains as he follows you into the house.

"I think that sounds perfect. Do you want any help?" You ask, beginning to unpack the groceries.

Calum sets his bags on the counter top, shaking his head as he smiles. "No, I don't have too much more to do. Would you like any help with this before I go back out?"

You shake your head, opening the fridge to put the milk away. "No, thank you, baby. I'm good. Just finish up your lights and I'll get started on dinner. I'm making your favorite."

Calum's eyes widen with excitement. "You're the best wife in the history of wives." He praises, wrapping his arms around your waist and nuzzling his head in the crook of your neck.

"I know, now go get back to your lights." You chuckle, patting his beanie covered head softly.

He pecks your lips quickly before scurrying back outside. You continue to unpack the groceries, giggling to yourself when you hear Calum singing Christmas songs to himself outside followed by the occasional swear word when he messes up the decorations. You prepare the meal, setting the table while you wait for Calum to come in from outside. You sigh in frustration as the time continues to tick by with no sign of him coming back inside. You grab your jacket, slipping it on and stepping onto the front porch, looking left and right for your six foot tall husband. When you see no evidence of him, minus the few scraps of light clips spread along the sidewalk, you walk further down the path.

"Calum?" You call out, your eyes raking all over the yard.

"Up here!" He answers, his grey beanie poking out from behind the tip of the roof.

"Dinner's ready!" You state, rubbing your hands together as a chilly breeze blows by.

"I'll be right down, sweetheart! Just one more light to staple down!"

You watch as you wait, moving your legs back and forth swiftly as you try and warm your body.

"Done!" Calum beams, carefully climbing down the ladder and joining you on the sidewalk. "Would you like to do the honors, my beautiful wife?"

"You did all of the work, Cal, it's okay if you do it."

"Let's do it together?" He holds out one side of the plug in for you to take.

"When did we become one of those couples that we mock in romantic comedies?" You tease, grabbing one side of the electrical cord.

"The day we met, but it's okay. It works for us." He grins, bumping your hip with his. "On the count of 3, okay? 1...2...3!" He exclaims, the two of you slightly fumbling at first to get the electrical plug in the socket.

"Woah" The two of you whisper in unison.

"It's so beautiful, Calum." You kiss his cheek softly, admiring the lights on the house.

"It better be. I worked forever on it." He mumbles sheepishly, grabbing your hand and kissing your knuckles softly.

You open your mouth to say something only to be cut off by your neighbor.