Day 25: Luke Imagine - Home for the Holidays

"Good morning, baby girl." Luke greets with a raspy voice, wrapping his arms around your waist as you stand over the stove making breakfast.

"Good morning, Lu. How'd you sleep?"

"Like a baby." He hums, nuzzling his head into the crook of your neck. "You sure were tossing a lot though."

A sigh leaves your lips as you turn off the stove, wiggling yourself free from his grasp, you grab two plates, dishing the scrambled eggs onto the plates. "Because you know I get nervous when you fly."

Luke chuckles, taking the plate from you. "Thank you baby girl." He takes a bite of his eggs before returning his attention towards you. "I fly all the time, why does it still make you nervous?"

"Because I worry about the plane going down." You explain, joining him at the table with two glasses of orange juice for the both of you.

"It hasn't gone down yet." He retorts, stuffing a forkful of eggs into his mouth.

"Yet being the key word, Lu." You take a sip of your juice, smiling sadly at him. "I'm going to miss you, you know? Christmas won't be the same without you here."

"I told you I'd use that bonus to buy us a nice little getaway instead of a plane ticket home."

"Your family deserves to see you for Christmas. I'm not going to be that clingy girlfriend who your family ends up hating because you always choose me over them."

"Y/N, we've been together since high school, they wouldn't hate you. My family would understand. My mom knows money is tight here, and she knows we can't afford for both of us to come home."

You sigh, shaking your head, standing up you bring your dishes to the sink before you turn your attention back towards him. "Luke, I want you to be with your family, okay? I'm going to be okay by myself. I promise."

Luke opens his mouth to speak, but you quickly interject. "Don't argue with me, okay? Just go get ready, because Ashton said the boys would pick you up and you can all go to the airport together. I have to get to work." You grab your purse, slinging it over your shoulder before leaning down to kiss Luke.

"I love you, and I hope you have a safe flight. Call me when you land, okay? Also, I left a present for your family on the bed. It's small, but I've been saving tips from the coffee shop, so I hope they like it."

Luke smiles, grabbing your hand and kissing your knuckles. "They'll love it. I love you, baby girl. Merry Christmas." He pulls you onto his lap, pressing his lips against yours passionately, a small whine leaving his slightly swollen lips when you pull away.

"I really have to go, Lu or else I'm going to be late."

"Five more minutes of making out?" He pleads, pouting his bottom lip.

"Luke, I really have to go. We need this money." You sigh, quickly kissing his lips one last time before standing up.

Luke watches you sadly, but he knows you're right. He stands up, walking you to the door.

"I'll be back in time for New Years Eve. I told my mom I wanted to be here with you for that." He smiles, wrapping his arms around your waist.

"I can't wait. Eat a piece of your mom's banana cream pie for me. You know it's my favorite." You giggle softly, cupping Luke's cheeks with your hands and pulling his lips onto yours.

"Bye baby girl. I love you." He whispers softly as you reach for the door.

"Bye Luke. I love you too. Have fun and don't forget to call me!"

"Never!" He chuckles, waving as you walk down the pathway and get into your car, shutting the front door once you pull away.

-

You pull into your driveway, a small hole in your chest when you remember Luke is gone. You tried your hardest to save up for a plane ticket, but it would've taken more tips than you could possibly bring in for such a short time span.

Luke lucked out and received a Christmas bonus from the record store he works for, but the amount was large enough for only one ticket. Luke begged you to let his mom cover the ticket, because she insisted if Luke came he better bring you along, but you politely declined no matter how many phone calls, FaceTime chats and text messages you received of his family begging you to accept their help. You shake your head trying not to think about the next few days without him, and grab your purse. You furrow your eyebrows when you see a light on in the living room, a sigh of frustration leaves your lips, because of course Luke left lights on when he left. No matter how many times you explained to him how much money the two of you would save he always forget to shut the lights off.

You open the front door, and a small gasp leaves your lips. Standing in your living room with a small, neatly decorated tree is Luke, a Santa had adorning his blonde locks as he smiles excitedly at you.

"W-what are you doing here?" You ask, running to him and hugging him tightly.

Luke kisses your head softly, before pulling back and pressing his forehead against yours. "You didn't actually think that I'd spend Christmas without my baby girl, did you?"

"B-but your family, Luke, they wanted to see yo-"

"My family knows. My mom actually wanted me to give this to you." Luke hands you a small package wrapped in reindeer wrapping paper. He bites his lip ring nervously as he watches you slowly open the present.

"Luke, no." You gasp, staring down at the two plane tickets in your hand.

"Yep, we all know you don't want anyone to pay for your ticket except yourself, but she said it's their gift to you, because Christmas just won't be the same without you there."

"Luke" You choke through tears.

"Hey now baby girl, why the tears?" Luke asks, gently swiping the pads of his thumbs under your eyes to wipe away any remaining tears.

"They're happy tears, Lu. I can't believe they would do this for me."

"You're family, baby girl. Of course they would. Now come on, we have to leave for the airport in forty-five minutes, so get moving!" He exclaims, lightly swatting your bum as he pushes you towards the stairs.

"I love you, Lu. Thank you."

"I love you too, now go!" Luke chuckles, chasing you up the stairs as the two of you begin your packing.

-

A/N: Merry Christmas everyone! I'm honestly so bummed that this will be the last posting for this Christmas event, but I really hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did! I can't wait to share with you guys what I have planned for after the new year, and I hope you'll all stick around to be apart of it! I have a regular 5SOS imagines book on here if you'd like to continue seeing my writing, and I plan to start posting a full fanfic once I have the first few chapters written, so if you want you can follow me here or on my tumblr (ashxonirwie.tumblr.com) to be informed when that happens! I hope you all had a lovely holiday, and I hope you all have a wonderful new year! Thank you again for the incredible feedback on this! I love you guys!