Day 16: Calum Imagine - Christmases When You Were Mine

Based on Taylor Swift's song, Christmases When You Were Mine.

-

Please take down the misletoe 'cause I don't wanna think about that right now 'cause everything I want is miles away

You sigh softly, throwing a sweater over your camisole as you emerge from your bedroom to find your roommate decorating your apartment.

"Hey sunshine!" Your roommate, Ava, smiles, taping a piece of mistletoe above the archway to your kitchen.

You smile sadly, mumbling a soft "morning", your eyes scanning over the small plant hanging up as she steps back, hands on her hips, proudly looking at the cliché decoration.

"Maybe I can get Ashton to stand underneath the mistletoe with me." She winks, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

You straighten up at the mention of Ashton. "A-are they all coming over?" You ask, not quite sure if you want a yes or a no in reply.

"Ashton said they'll be passing through in a few days, and he wants to come over and hang out. Don't worry though, he told me that he won't tell Calum, so you don't have to worry about seeing him." She smiles comfortingly, patting your shoulder gently as she pulls you in for a side hug.

You grasp her hand softly, looking at her. "Thanks, but can we please take down the mistletoe? I don't want to think about any of that when Calum is thousands of miles away." You admit, your eyes falling to the floor as you shift your feet nervously.

"Maybe it'll help, Y/N. You just have to move on from him. He was an idiot for giving up on the two of you."

"I've got to get to work." You mumble, shaking loose from her grasp before shooting her a thankful smile. "Thanks though. I know you're just trying to help."

"Anything for my best friend."

-

I've been doing fine without you, really, up until the nights got cold and everybody's here, except you, baby

You wake up shivering, pulling another blanket over your body and slipping on a pair of your favorite fuzzy socks, a pair Calum actually got you, because he couldn't stand how cold your feet always were at night, claiming that you could freeze his entire body just when your toes brushed against his. You glance at your phone, sighing when you see it's only 2:30 A.M. You snuggle further into the covers, longing for Calum and his body heat, even just his presence was enough to warm you up from pure giddiness and love. You roll onto your side, tracing the cold bedsheets next to you, remembering all of the times Calum would be there when you rolled over, sometimes a beaming smile on his beautiful lips as he'd watch you with pure love and adoration as you rose form your slumber, sometimes little, soft snores escaping his plump lips.

"I can feel you staring at me, Y/N." He mumbles through pouty lips.

"I can't help it. You're so handsome." You whisper, kissing his naked chest.

Calum smirks, grabbing you by your hips and pulling you on top of his body. "I wasn't complaining, princess. I'd give anything to wake up next to you for the rest of my life." He admits, pecking your lips softly.

"Really?" You grin, biting your lip shyly.

"Mhm. I want to marry you one day, princess."