Chapter 5:

//You Again?//

9:50 PM

Marijuana fragrances travels in the air filling the room that packs people inside . White powders were being crushed and lined up to perfection on the glass tables by thin girls . The loudness of the music had the floorboards along with the pale white walls vibrating . My neck was cramping a bit from trying to look over the massive crowd in hopes of finding Mat . With clammy hands ,a racing heart I take a deep breathe exhaling slowly to calm the anxiety I felt standing alone in the corner being shoved by drunken people I do not know .

My ears were drawn to a particular song that began to play . The intro had a dark tone that flowed so nicely with the woman's vocals .
"If we shall dance we shall dance for the night , I wish for love but sweet love takes her time ."
I could barely make out the first verse after that over the loud obnoxious yells and conversations . I began shoving through the crowd trying to get closer to the source .
"When its dark out
I search for love but don't find it
Just sex & drugs but don't mind it
Because nothing's real I'm reminded ."
That voice drove me crazy because of how familiar it sounded ,my mind was stuck .

I turn around instantly as I feel someone bump my shoulder with no care .
"Excuse me !", I yell angrily and loud enough so I'm heard .
"Sorry ." , my eyes meet with the stranger's only to find out the person was no stranger at all . We stop ,completely freezing .
"Don't let me go
Don't let me go
Don't let me go",
plays in the background . His lonely eyes pierce into to mine as if we had some kind of deep connection ,my eyes were captivated at an instant . It almost felt like this was his own way of telling me not to let go ,as his dark hooded eyes struggled to hold eye contact trying not to break it not even for just a second .

"Brooklyn.",his voice comes out shaky and uncertain but still manages to raise goosebumps on my tan skin . I pray they aren't visible .I rather die than give him that satisfaction .
"Gerald .", I swallow my nervousness that is dying to escape .

"You came alone I see ."

I simply nod . I did not expect to see him here or again really ,not after that night... A simple conversation topic was turned into an argument and upset him almost instantly . This young man hides so much mystery behind him which only draws me closer .

"Let's get out of here ."
His large hand slips into mine before I can say anything we are moving swiftly through the crowd . I didn't bother to stop him either . It was rare for me to make impulsive decisions . People stared as we exited together hand in hand .

"I'll call an uber .",he drops my hand leaving me uncomfortable.

"No need I'll drive ." , I pull out my keys from my small clutch .
Mat finally comes to mind ,it was his kickback and I didn't even get to greet him. Now I'm leaving with a ticking time bomb to lord knows where .

" I didn't think you'd ever want to see me again . ", I break the awkward silence in the car after a few minutes of driving .

"I could say the same .", Gerald turns to face me .

"Where do you want to go ?" , I ask him .
"Well I took you to my place the last time so it would only be fair if you brought me to yours ." ,he raises his eyebrows at me . I couldn't help but laugh a little he is such a slick talker .