Chapter 10:

//Just a "Friend"?//

GERALD'S POV

Repositioning myself I hear a low groan ,realizing where I am . Brooklyn and I were tangled up on her living room couch . Last I remember my head laid in her lap as her tiny manicured fingers ran through my damp hair . My eyes look up at her face as she sleeps soundly with parted lips,taking in all her beauty . She is so different from the typical tall blue eyed blondes I am attracted to ,in fact she's the complete opposite . Not a trace of makeup on her skin and I still found her breathtaking. The way her nose crinkled every few minutes was amusing and quite adorable . I could almost watch her sleep forever . What has gotten into me ?

A small ring came from my left pocket ,my phone was vibrating as it received message after message . The screen lit up as I held my phone in my hand , 1 missed call and 2 text messages from Marty appeared in my notifications.

Carefully ,breaking free from her I climb off the couch not wanting to wake her . I clicked on my contacts ,returning his call.
I paced back and forth waiting for him to pick up .

"Yo.", his voice says on the other end .

"What's good bro ?"

"I just flew from the Bay I've been trying to call you because I'm outside your place . " , I look at the sleeping girl trying to think of what I should do .

"Man ,Marty my bad ,I'll be there in a bit ." , I bite my lip as a nervous reaction .

"Where you going ?" , a half asleep Brook calls out rubbing her eyes ,startling me . Instantly , I end the call ,couldn't risk Marty finding out where I was . I hesitate to answer her ,guilt began to wash over me .

"I have to go to my place my bro flew in from The Bay and is waiting at my door  ." , I watched her facial expressions change at an instant .

"Oh .", her eyes look downward as she lowers her head .

"I'm sorry."

"I just thought you'd come through with your promise ,it was your idea after all . " ,she rolls her eyes still not making eye contact with mine . She fidgets with her finger nails trying her hardest to avoid facing me .

"I'm sorry ,I really am but I'll still keep that promise ,come over later on ?" ,I didn't want to feel completely horrible.

"I guess ." ,she shrugs raising her brows .

...

I pull into my driveway , thinking of her saddened face when I walked out her door . Marty's wave broke my thoughts as he approaches me . Opening my car door , I greet him and pull him into a hug . It's been awhile since I've seen him last .

"Yo where were you?" ,he questions with a laugh .

"I stood at a friend's house last night ."

"Is this friend female ?" , he punches my arm teasing me .

"Maybe ."

I guess I'd consider her my friend nothing has happened between us . She likes my company and I like hers that's all . Marty would call me a little soft bitch if I told him about her . The less he knows the better .

"Did you see Devon's in town ?"

"So I've heard ." , I swallow ,helping Marty  lug his things inside my place .
Hearing her name again is a foreign feeling I do not miss at all . It made my stomach churn.

"You tryna go out tonight bro ?" , Marty asks changing the subject I wasn't fond of . I couldn't just blow off my plans with Brooklyn .

"I have plans with someone already . "

"Come on ! I just got to town . We are going out tonight ." , he was set on his plan .

I nodded otherwise walking to my liquor cabinet .

"Come on if it's that big of a deal bring your little plus one  ."

I debated in my head wether I should text Brooklyn and bring her along with me or cancel on her . I didn't want Marty around her ,knowing him he'd probably say something stupid . I pour myself a glass of whiskey .

"G it's like 10 am why are you drinking ?"

"The time has never stopped us before ." , I give him a smile ,my mood has been a little too serious since he's got here .

"Something is different about you ,you've been acting strange bro." , Marty places his hand on his chin trying to figure me out .

"I'm still the same old Gerald ain't shit change ."

"Something tells me this has to do with a girl ."

I shook my head pretending this wasn't partly true .

"Come on G ,the bros told me you didn't hit not one after party or girl last week on the road." , he places his hand on my shoulder .

"Why is it my quote quote "love life" is your favorite topic today ." , I began to feel annoyed .

"I wasn't aware y'all gossip like little girls ." , I add .

"Chill G ,maybe a girl is what you need ." , Marty threw his arms up defensively .

"You know I'm not big on catching feelings ."

"You sure about that, your recent behavior is telling me other wise ." ,he smirks .

"Positive.", I nod lying ,hoping he'd leave me alone already . I hated myself for not being able to fight off whatever I'm feeling towards her hard enough . Being in her arms was so comforting last night ,it's been so long since I've actually felt accepted for me and not for my "fame"  .

The image of her sleeping came to mind ,so delicate ,so pure she is . It brings chills to my body , I fear my egocentric tendencies will come between us eventually ,destroying whatever we have . I'm just so accustomed to these flings that don't last longer than a day or two it's hard to adjust when the butterflies won't fade away . I'm selfish , emotionless at times,and easily loose interest. What would she want with me ?

----------------------------------------------
AUTHOR'S NOTE
***********************************
SO SORRY THIS IS SO SHORT AND UNINTERESTING IVE BEEN SO DAMN STUCK,DAMN WRITER'S BLOCK . THIS IS MORE OF A TRANSITION CHAPTER PREPARING FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER . I WOULD LOVE IF YOU GUYS COMMENTED SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN NEXT <3