Chapter one: new guy

It was our first day of school senior year. I was so excited. Me and my best friend Harry were walking to school together. We got to school and it was how I remembered; Guys fighting already and girls gossiping about anything and everything.

          “Charlotte, are you excited? It’s our last year!” Harry said.

          “Yeah, but I’m not ready to go yet. I hate this place but I’m sure I’m gonna miss it.” I told Harry.

          He sighed and nodded his head. I looked straight ahead of us and saw my friend Tara sprinting toward Harry and I.

          “Charlotte! Oh my God! There’s this new teacher and he’s so hot… AND YOUNG!” Tara screamed in one breath.

          “Hi to you too.” Harry said. I was kind of excited to see this new teacher.

          The day went by really fast and I was finally able to see this hot teacher everyone was talking about. I walked in the classroom and sat at my desk in the corner close to the teacher’s desk. I got my English copybook out. I looked around the classroom and I barely saw any guys here. There were mostly girls asking each other how they looked before the new teacher walked in the classroom. Tara was actually one of those girls. I kept my head down trying to get a little organized, and then I realized the room got quiet. I heard him walk in and stand near the desk yet I didn’t look up.

          “Hello. My name is Joe Benzoli, and I am your new English teacher.” The teacher said.

          I looked up and holy crap! He was hot. He was tall and slim yet very, very muscular. His hair was dark brown but he had ginger highlights. He was wearing a white button up shirt, with a black tie and tan kakis.

My jaw dropped. I didn’t know what to do. He was smiling a toothy grin, looking at the class excitedly.

          “So um, today I’m going to give you all a quiz to see what you remember, grammar wise, from last year.” Mr. Benzoli said. He handed out the quizzes. I lost my pen so I asked Tara for one during the quiz. The quiz was very easy and I could tell this year was going to be a breeze. The bell rang. Everyone handed in their quiz and walked out the room.

          At the end of the school day, I met up with Harry and we walked back to my house. We ran in the kitchen, and pigged out on anything in the kitchen as always. As we finally stopped eating, Harry asked me a question.

          “Do you have eyes for that new teacher too?” He asked.

          “He’s okay. I mean, he’s hot but he’s my teacher so why fan girl over him.” I told him. Harry nodded.  We continued to eat a little more until my mom walked in.

          “Hey Mama Winchester” Harry said with a cheeky grin.  “Hello Harry” she said. My mom is very sophisticated.  She’s a lawyer so I can never, EVER win an argument with her. We all talked for a little while, and then ordered take-out. I went to bed early because I was exhausted after the first day of school.

          They next day, I woke up really late. I threw a tank shirt on and sweatpants. I put my hair in a messy bun. I grabbed my bag and ran out the door. I hopped on my bike and peddled really fast to school. I locked my bike up and sprinted to homeroom. I ran in my homeroom and there he was.

Mr. Benzoli.

          “Charlotte Winchester, you’re late.” He said.

          I strolled to my desk, which was right in front of his desk.

“Sorry Benz.” I said without making eye contact.

“It’s Mr. Benzoli” he said.

“Sorry Mr. Benz.”

          He smirked at me and let my comment go.  I could feel the stares of the other girls glaring at me. They were probably jealous because I had the courage to talk to him like that- or even talk to them at all. I felt great.

          Ninth period finally came. I walked into the classroom and sat next to Tara. Benzoli walked in. He stood by his desk and took papers out of his bag.

          “I have your quizzes. Most of you did really well.” Benz said.

          He passed everyone their quiz and finally gave me mine. It had a big fat ‘F’ on it. I looked over at Tara’s and she got an ‘A’. I took her paper and compared our answers and we had them exactly the same. I raised my hand and he called on me.

          “Benz-.” I started to say.

          “It’s Mr. Benzoli.” he said as he cut me off.

          “Mr. Benz, you gave me an ‘F’. I compared my answers with Tara, who got an ‘A’, and we have the same exact answers.” I explained.

          “Charlotte, I saw you talking to Tara during the quiz.” He said a little defensive.

Ugh! He thinks I cheated!

          “Dude, I didn’t cheat! I was just asking her for a pen.” I yelled at him.

          “Either you accept your ‘F’ and take a detention, or you can retake the quiz after school today, Winchester.” He said with a smirk and slight amusement in his voice.

          “Fine; I’ll retake the damn quiz again.” I said pretty pissed off.