Chapter seven: a night to remember

I knocked on the door. He didn’t answer so I knocked again waiting for an answer but still no reply. I stood there thinking of what to do until I felt two strong arms wrap around my tiny waist. I turned about and saw Joe wearing a nice fitting tuxedo. A huge smile grew on my face when I saw him. I looked down and he had beautiful red roses in his hand.

          “Hey honey. These are for you.” he said sweetly. I just kept smiling. Words couldn’t describe how happy I was. He pulled me in closer to him and kissed me gently. I accepted the flowers and we went inside his apartment. As I put the flowers in a vase, Joe started discussing the plans for the evening.

          “So we’ll drive to the train station without being noticed obviously, then we’ll get there around 8 and have dinner. And then we can do whatever afterwards. Sounds good ma’ lady?” he explained, making his voice deeper toward the end of the sentence. “It sounds perfect sir” I said in a little accent. We walked to the door. Next we cautiously walked out of the building and into Joe’s car. The drive to the local train station was only ten minutes. When we arrived at the train station, we went directly on the train because Joe had already purchased our tickets. When we got on the train, we just talked to each other.

          “What’s the rest of the plan?” I asked.

“Well we’ll go to dinner and instead of being one of those corny couple who go to the art galleries hand in hand, we can do something else.” He smirked. I smiled and took his hand. We laughed, joked around and enjoyed each other’s company for the rest of the ride. We finally arrived. We were in a small town called Langford. It was absolutely beautiful. The people seemed nice, the streets were clean; It was perfect. We slowly walked through the town and stopped in front of a very old looking theatre.

          “Want to see a movie? I was thinking we could go see Titanic.” He said. I smiled widely at his choice of movie and nodded.

          After watching the three hour movie which we barely paid attention to because of all of our ‘make-out sessions’, we decided to walk to dinner. We decided to go to a small Italian restaurant. It wasn’t crowded, so Joe and I got our seats quickly. We sat down and I just kept smiling. I couldn’t stop.

          “Why are you smiling so much?” he looked at me.

“I don’t know. I’m just really happy. Life is great.” I said looking into his eyes. He took my hand and kissed it.

          “Good.”

          The rest of the night went great. We went to different small stores and looked around. After that we just walked and talked and realized we were lost but eventually found our way back to the train station. When I realized how late it was, I texted my mom and told her I would be staying at a friend’s house. A few minutes later, we arrived at the train station and drove to Joe’s apartment. We walked in and plopped on the couch. I had a great time but I was exhausted.

          “I had a time babe.” He said sweetly.

“Me too”

          “Charlie, I really like you.” he said with nervousness in his voice. I chuckled and his face turned red in embarrassment.

          “I’m serious. I think I.... I think I’m falling in love with you.” he finally spit out.  I smiled and kissed him. The kiss lasted longer than I thought. It got really heated. Next thing I know, Joe picked me up and carried me to his room. He gently laid me on his bed, and straddled on top on me without putting his full body weight on me. We both stripped our clothes off and the rest was history.