Chapter sixteen: oooohhhhh

I woke up around six this morning. I couldn’t sleep after last night. I just felt like a horrible person. I made my mom have a breakdown and I ran away from Collin without actually saying goodbye.

          I got up from bed and showered. I put my mop of curls in a ponytail. I threw on jeans and a tan sweater with holes in it. I put on my furry tan Ugg boots and walked downstairs. I noticed my mom wasn’t in the kitchen making coffee like she usually does.

          “Dad, where’s mom?” I approached my dad as he was sitting on a stool reading the paper.

“She wasn’t feeling well. She said her head was hurting. She’s just getting some rest.” He explained.

          “Is she that mad at me?” I asked. He looked taken back by my question. He didn’t answer me; he just looked down and sighed. I stepped back slowly and walked out the house. I decided to maybe talk to a friend to take my mind off things, so I walked with Harry today.

          “Charlotte, I feel like I haven’t seen you in a while.” Harry gushed.

“Yeah, I’ve been busy.” I replied.

          “Did you say bye to Collin?” His voice had gotten more serious.

“Honestly no. I kind of flipped out on him yesterday.”

          “He told me. He was upset.” He said.

“Well, he’ll get over it. I have my own problems to deal with.” I spat.

          “Like what?” Harry questioned me.

“My parents aren’t being honest with me, I got in an argument with Collin yesterday and he’s probably on his was to Canada now! And Joe-” I was cut off.

          “Mr. Benzoli.” He corrected me.

“I’m still in love with him.” Harry stopped in his tracks.

          “What?” I asked him.

“You said you loved him. Did you tell him that?” I didn’t know where this conversation was going but I answered him anyway by nodding.

          “Char, you need to get over him. He’s your teacher!” He exclaimed.

“That’s easy for you to say! You’re not in my shoes. You don’t know how I feel and what I’ve been through!” I shouted. Harry looked shocked at my reaction.

          “I’m sorry… It doesn’t matter anymore. He has a girlfriend. He’s moved on.”

“And so should you.” Harry said. And with that, we walked to school in silence.

          The school day was dull and boring. It was ninth period. Joe was talking and presenting a slideshow to the class. I wasn’t paying attention. I was thinking about Collin. I stared out the window thinking about the time when Collin helped me ditch school. I feel so guilty now. I yelled at him and blamed him, and no he’s probably out of state now. I snapped out of my thoughts when the bell rang. Everyone rushed out of the classroom. I put my things in my bag and stood up to walk out.

          “Charlie, can I talk to you?” Joe asked. I stood still in front of my desk waiting for him to start talking. He walked over to the door and closed it. He slowly approached me. I kept my head down.