Chapter eleven: bad homecoming

A couple of needles, pain killers and hours later, I was finally stable. I was sitting in the hospital bed waiting for a visitor. I got bored so I decided to turn on the T.V that was in the room. There was a college football game on so I left it on.  I heard to door creek open so I turned my attention to it. I stared at it intently but no one walked through it. I turned my attention back to the television until I heard loud footsteps. They were getting louder and louder. I looked over and saw my dad followed by my mom.

          “Dad!” I shouted even though my throat hurt.

He walked over to me and hugged me tightly. We finally let go after a while. My dad pulled back and started inspecting me so I did the same. He had his hair cut low, like a buzz cut. He was still in his military uniform. I snapped out of my train of thoughts and realized where I was. I felt embarrassed.

          “Oh my gosh. Sorry dad, you shouldn’t have to see me like this. I uh-” I started blabbing on.

“Charlotte Winchester, you don’t have to apologize at all. Honey you’re beautiful… you’re mom told me about that boyfri-” He was cut off by sound of the door. I saw Harry jet toward my direction. He gave me the biggest hug.

          “Charlotte, oh my gosh! I’ve missed you so much. Don’t ever leave me again.” He whispered in my ear as he still hugged me. I smiled at him and enjoyed his presence. My mom, dad, Harry and I talked for a while. Of course, catching up on everything I’ve missed. A few minutes later, the conversation went down when the doctor came in the room.

          “Hi Charlotte. I’m Doctor Lynn. So uh basically to sum everything up for you, you were in a coma, for a while actually.  We did test when you woke up. Everything is alright now. We are allowing you to go home tomorrow afternoon. Just take it easy. Mom, Dad, can you come sign some papers?” Dr. Lynn asked. The both walked out of the room leaving Harry and I. It was very awkward. I didn’t know what to say.

          “Charlotte, I want to talk to you.” he started.

“I know who your boyfriend was.” he stated. I froze.