Chapter two: are we a thing?

The bell rang. Everyone left the classroom but I stayed seated. He was making me retake the quiz which I didn’t even cheat on. He’s driving me crazy already!

          “Are you ready for the quiz?” Benz asked me.

          “I was ready yesterday on the one I aced, but someone thinks I cheated.” I said sarcastically.

          Benz handed me the quiz. It took me about fifteen minutes. I finished and walked up to his desk and handed it to him.

          “Can you grade it now?” I asked.

“Why?”

          “Because when I ace it again, I don’t want to embarrass you in front of the whole class.” I said.

          He smirked and started to grade it. A couple of minutes passed and he finally handed me back my quiz. I aced it. In your face Benz!

          “You still think I cheated?” I asked.

“I don’t know, because I don’t know you that well” Benz said with a smirk. He needs to stop smirking! It’s really hot! And I can’t like him.

          “We just met a day ago, that’s why.”  I said a little confused.

“Maybe we can change that.” He licked his lips and I completely froze not knowing what to do.

          “Um, er—well I have uh to go.” I started walking to the door but then I stopped when I heard Benz say something.

          “See ya Winchester!” he said

          “It’s Miss Winchester.” I said mocking his voice. I walked out the door. I ran to my bike outside and peddled home really fast. I got home and Tara and Harry were outside sitting on my porch.

          “You’re never going to believe what happened?!” I screamed. They gave me their full attention but then I decided not to tell them that Benz flirted with me because Tara would have told the whole school. I just made up a stupid answer and told them I found five dollars, and I just let the conversation go.

          The next morning, got up early and went to get some coffee from Dunkin Donuts and there he was again.

Mr. Benzoli.

          I swear he is stalking me. He turned around and smirked… again.

          “Hey Winchester!” he said to me.

“You can call me Charlotte” I said sternly.

          “Or Charlie” he spit out.

“No. That makes me sound like a boy and I’m not a boy.” I said a little annoyed.

          “I’m sure you’re not a boy. But I can double check that for you.” he said with a smirk.

          “What the heck man? You’re my teacher and you’re acting like one of the guys in high school!” I snapped.

“There’s something about you. I’m just attracted.” He said staring into my eyes. I started to back away, but then he grabbed my arm.

          “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that.” Benz said. “N- No. It’s ok ‘cause I’m attracted to you too.” I said. He smiled and so did I. I was about to walk out of the store but he tugged on my arm again.

          “Stay. Have coffee with me.” He said.

“Benz, we can’t go out. I’m your student.”

          “Please, Charlie?”

It took me a while to answer but I made up my mind.

          “I’ll think about it.” I smiled and walked out the store… Then I walked back in feeling a little awkward.

          “Forgot about your food?” Benz asked

          “Yup.”

          I arrived at school thinking about Benz. I like him a lot but that would be a huge risk I mean; I am his student!

          It was ninth period and I didn’t know what to do. Benz walked in the room and grinned at me. I couldn’t help but smile. He was teaching and honestly, I wasn’t paying attention at all. I wanted to talk to him really badly, so I cleared my throat. He looked at me.

          “Uh, can I go to the bathroom?” I asked. I mouthed to Benz ‘come with me’. He nodded. I walked out the classroom.

          “Class, I’m going to go get another cup of uh coffee. Just start reading the chapter and uh yeah.” I chuckled at what he was saying. He walked out of the classroom.

“Hey Charlie” he said.

          “I’ve been thinking, about what you said. And it’s really risky and stupid and idiotic too…” I continued as I saw the smile drop from his face.

          “But I would love to give us a try.” The smile grew back on his face. And one grew on mine too.

He cupped my face in his hands and kissed me… ON THE LIPS! I was mentally screaming. He pulled away and realized what he did.

“I am so sorry.” His face turned bright red.

          “Don’t be. I would kiss you again but here isn’t the place.” I smiled and walk toward the bathroom.  I turned around and there he was smiling at me.

          “Go back to class.” I shooed him away.  He chuckled and left out of sight. 

I walked in the bathroom and just examined myself in the mirror, thinking ‘why in the world would he want to date me?’ I mean I’m not popular but I’m not a nerd either… I don’t know.  My dark brown hair was messy, my brown eyes were really puffy for some reason, and I had sweatpants and a tank shirt on; But I couldn’t stop smiling though. I finally walked out of the bathroom, and I bumped into Brandon. 

“Hey Charlotte. I’ve been meaning to talk to you lately.” Brandon said. Of course, he could talk to me now. I had a crush on him forever but he never liked me.

“Uh hello?” I said more as a question than a statement.

“So aren’t you in Mr. Benzoli’s ninth period class?” Brandon questioned.

          “Yeah…”

“Me too. I sit in the back though. He’s kinda creepy. He always calls on you. It’s like he has a crush on you or something.” Brandon said with a chuckle. I pretended to laugh with him. “Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the ‘Winter Ball’… with me?” he said hesitantly.

          “Brandon, it was really nice of you to ask but-” he cut me off.

“You already have a boyfriend. I get it.” He said with a heavy sigh.

          “Kinda. It’s complicated.” I said.

“Well he’s a very lucky guy.” I blushed at his comment and with that, we both walked back to class.