My Favourite Present (Ashton Irwin of 5SOS)

You groaned, cuddling harder into your boyfriend as he shifted beneath you and you heard your favourite sound as he chuckled, his chest vibrating against you.

The arm he had wrapped around you recoiled and you missed his hold immediately.

"Ashton." You murmured his name, still half asleep, your eyes still shut.

"The movie's over now, I'm going to put the stuff out." He told you, his fingers tickling your skin as he brushed your hair from your face. You felt him shift even more, before his lips pressed a delicate kiss to the side of your forehead.

"No," you whined, blinking your eyes open slowly, your hands gripping him by his shirt. "Just lie here with me."

He laughed again, rubbing his hand along your arm before taking one of your hands in his, pulling it up to his lips. "I'll be back in a minute." His lips brushed against your hand as he spoke.

"Do you promise?" you turned your head up to look at him through your eyelashes and he grinned down at you widely, nodding.

"Will you miss me that much?" he asked, his voice taunting, and you pouted.

"No," you shook your head. "You're just comfy to lie on."

He rolled his eyes before tapping you on the shoulder and you reluctantly sat up off of him so he could move.

He stood up and smiled down at you, ruffling your hair, earning a moan of protest, before he walked away into the kitchen.

You straightened out your messed up hair, rolled to one side to grab the remote for the tv, shutting it off, before rolling back and reaching out for a pillow to hug against you.

You lay for a few seconds, your eyes shut and your breathing steady, before you sighed and sat up again, flinging the pillow aside.

It wouldn't do.

You wanted to cuddle into Ashton and fall asleep against his chest again.

You trudged into the kitchen after him, feeling a little disoriented from still having only just woken up, and you pressed yourself against the doorway as you watched him.

"I can't believe you still do that." You say to him, watching as he pours a glass of milk and sets it on the counter beside the plate of cookies and the few carrots he had already laid out.

He turned to look at you, his signature goofy grin plastered on his face. "Do you think I'm silly?" he asked and you shook your head to answer.

"I'm just that used to doing it from when I was at home with Mum, Lauren and Harry." He shrugged to himself.

"They weren't exactly kids when you moved in with me." You smiled softly across at him and he nodded in agreement.

"I know, but I still did it anyways..." he trailed off. "Maybe it's always been more for me."

You headed over to him, looping your arms around his waist, pushing up onto your tippy toes to press a light kiss against his lips. "Do you still believe in Santa, then?" you asked and he rolled his eyes.

"Of course I do," he joked. "Who else brings me all my presents?"

Before you could answer, he gave you a smirk and you arched your brow.

"What?"

"Unless you're an elf in disguise... you're short enough for the job." He grinned and you swatted at his chest playfully.

"If you pick on me about my height I'll make sure you get nothing but coal tomorrow." You replied, pulling away, holding your hand out expectantly.

He smiled at you, turning to grab a little jar that had been sitting on the countertop, before placing it in your hands.

You led the way to the back door, unlocking and opening it, before opening the jar. You dipped your hand in, pinching some of the glitter in between your fingers and thumb before sprinkling it on his outstretched palm.

His free arm wrapped around your waist and he pulled you into him, against his chest, before holding his palm out, the glitter glinting prettily against his skin, and, just as you had done for the past three years, you took a deep breath and blew, watching the glitter flutter and dance about in the night breeze before settling at your feet.

"Now the reindeer will definitely know where to drop off your coal." You turned to grin up at him and he leant down, kissing you softly on your lips before pulling away.

"Even if I do get coal tomorrow, it won't bother me, I already have my favourite present." He told you sincerely, giving you yet another kiss.

"I love you." He murmured, pulling away from your lips to press his forehead against yours and you felt your heart flutter as if it were the first time that you were hearing him say those words to you.

"I love you, too." you whispered back. "Merry Christmas."