Does popularity count?

TRIGGER WARNING. IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THAT, PLEASE DON'T READ.
/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-
Y/n's pov

'Another day, another dollar'pssh, yeah right. It's stupid really, how I still make myself go to school even thought I'm bullied and beaten every day. They keep on calling me shy, a pushover, stupid, and other oh,so colorful words. Under my shyness, I can beat the crap out of everyone, I just choose not to.

C/n. Just one word, just one person that motivates me To go to school, because I know that he'll be there. Why wouldn't he? He's the most popular boy there. You're probably wondering who the most popular girl is, and her name is Riley carters.((IM NOT SORRY. I HAVE OCS AND I PLAN ON USING THEM))oh and by the way, she's the bitch that bullies me every chance she gets. She would wait for class to end, then she and her posse would come and beat me.

I stripped my clothes and entered the bathroom. I stared at my self in the mirror and glanced down at my wrists, they were littered with scars, some were healing while some were still red and deep. 'If they knew what I did....... Then maybe they'd change...' I though, then scoffed. " Y/N YOU WORTHLESS SHIT. HURRY UP AND GO GET READY FOR SCHOOL!!" Lucia called, she was my stepmother, although she didn't deserve the title 'mother', she wouldn't feed me right, she wouldn't pay my tuition right, she doesn't care about me, hell, it'd be a miracle of she smiled at me, she just married my dad for his money.

I went in the shower and turned the knob, finding the water pleasingly warm, making me smile, but my smile soon faded as I looked down at my figure, I was thin, but it's a good thing it's unnoticeable. I didn't eat much, I actually only ate when someone would offer or give me food, the last time I've eaten a decent meal was when dad was still alive, and that was five years ago;before my life was a living hell.

My thoughts lingered back to c/n. How could he possibly like someone like me? I'm a depressed, bullied, self harming, living doormat. I finished my shower and dressed for school, I wore a f/c sweater over a black long sleeved shirt, and some shorts/jeans. I passed by a drunk Lucia, who was drinking on the couch, and grabbed my bag from by the door and swiftly darted out.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Once I reached school, I was immediately thrown into a locker by  Riley and her dumbass goons. My bangs fell into my eyes, giving me my shy look," hello doormat. I bet your lunchtime will stink for you later." She said with a smirk. I shoved past her, and angrily stuffed my things into my locker, then went to my first period.

When i got to the classroom, c/n was there...... I forgot that we had the same first period, i sat in my seat, which was at the back, near the window. I sighed and pulled out my phone. "Is this seat taken?" C/n asked, i looked up at him and nodded hesitantly. When he sat down, i scanned the room, and of course, all eyes were on me, they were snickering and mumbling things... Most likely about me.

I instinctively pushed down my sleeves and diverted my attention back to my phone. Riley came into the classroom, and her chestnut colored eyed were fixed on me, she snarled and sashayed over." C/n~ why don't you come sit over with me instead of....that" she said, pointing at me as her nose scrunched up in disgust. C/n looked at me and shrugged, " maybe later Riley." He replied with a soft smile. She plastered a fake one and left.

" why'd you sit here? Your popularity might pop" i gathered the courage to say that, he lifted his hand and i flinched, i waited for any impact on my body, but instead i felt a hand on mine." I just..... Wanted to talk to you...y/n i-",
"GOOD MORNING CLASS! I hope you're having a good morning so far."
The class replied with a collective 'yes we are', making the teacher chuckle. " well, because of that.....POP QUIZ EVERYONE!! IT WILL BE 80 ITEMS!!" As soon as we heard that, the classroom was filled with groans and cusses. I looked at c/n," let's just talk about this later..." He nodded.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

It's lunch time now. I went to my locker to grab my lunchbag, but as soon as I opened my locker door, something popped and a stinky, sticky, green-brown cream substance exploded all over me. Immediately, the hallway I was in, filled with laughter.

"I told you that your lunch would stink, doormat." Riley said as she motioned her posse to beat me up. It was no use now anyway, I'm numb to the pain now, besides, I cut.. So I'm used to pain now. My legs moved on their own and made me stand. Riley said something but it was muffled, then I saw c/n running towards me, but before he could reach me, my vision was filled with white and black spots, and I became dizzy, my legs weakened and I collapsed on the ground; In other words, I passed out.

C/n POV

I just came from the nurses office but the nurse wasn't there. I cussed and ran back to y/n, I told some random students to get a fan, and a wet handkerchief, I also told off Riley. I had no idea they treated y/n this way.... She's such a sweet, innocent girl, why would they bully her like this?

She probably felt hot, so I removed her sweater as some random girl was fanning her. Riley went to find the principle, I put the handkerchief on her forehead and folded up the sleeves of her shirt. The whole hallway gasped at her arms, they were red and littered with scars. I also noticed some bruises as well.

Riley came back with the principle and the nurse, but they decided to rush her to the hospital instead. Riley and her posse was expelled for battery, and bullying, but before that, they were also put to community service. They were to clean the manure in the city zoo, which I might add is very big.

I went inside y/n's hospital room, and saw her all bandaged up, the doctor said that one of her ribs broke and pierced an organ, but she'll be alright. She also needed to eat, she was malnourished.

Y/n's Pov

I woke up in a hospital room. Only to find c/n beside me. " oh, you're finally awake!! Thank God!!" He said as he hugged me. He called the doctor and he checked up on me, then left. " your step mom..... When the police went to your house to pick her up, they found her drunk, and they found reason that she abused you. They said that you were to be put in the care of a foster parent, or anyone at least. And guess what!", I smiled...no more Lucia!" What is it?", " my mom volunteered! Your gonna stay with us!!" I made a soft yay, and felt bandages on my arms. They know now...

I sighed," you're gonna make me eat right aren't you?"
"yep",
"and you're gonna take away anything sharp that I own, aren't you?"
"yep",
"okay.." They probably know about the rib thing as well.. It's actually been like that for a while..I told Lucia but... She didn't care... Soo.... Yeah.
"Wait, what?",
"what do you mean what?",
" you were thinking out loud..."
" oh.."
"Y/n.... I wanna be your boyfriend..I like you... A lot. Oh and you don't have to worry about Riley! She got expelled, and she's on zoo manure duty with her posse!"
I smiled"but why me?"
"Y/n, as far as I know, you're sweet, and kind hearted, and beautiful, and you're definitely smart. I would trade anything just to be with you, my awesome hair, my phone, my house, my allowance-"
"Does popularity count?"
He smiled," yes, my little fourth wall breaker, especially my popularity."
I got up and hugged him," yes. I'd love to be your girlfriend."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"I love you y/n,you're beautiful. Please don't hurt yourself."

" you mean everything to me, you mean something to the world, you're a precious puzzle piece, to the key of the worlds greatest treasures. You're special."

" you don't know it yet but, people need you."

" y/n, I love you."

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Oh yeah, and I forgot the cuss warning...... Meh.